I uninstalled DM 5.x. I have Vista. I downloaded version 6 from BB's website. I have double-clicked on the exe to install, but nothing is happening. I've rebooted. I've tried multiple times. It's been 15 minutes since I double-clicked on the exe.

I have a fast PC. What is up with this software?
    08-27-10 02:31 PM
    Given the complaints I've read about DM 6, you may want to stay with DM 5. I haven't upgraded and don't know any reason to do so.
    08-27-10 02:33 PM
    Is it required for the Torch and OS 6?
    08-27-10 02:36 PM
    If it is, that would be a first for RIM. There's never been a device or OS version that required a specific DM version before.
    08-27-10 02:49 PM
    Given the complaints I've read about DM 6, you may want to stay with DM 5. I haven't upgraded and don't know any reason to do so.
    It works to perfection but it does require learning, it's DIFFERENT!

I went back to an earlier version, then upgraded a week or two later and spent the 5 minutes it took to learn how to use it....
    08-27-10 03:07 PM
    This thread, and others like it, is the reason for my post: http://forums.crackberry.com/f153/is...9/#post5521616. If the new version enables new capabilities, that's fine. I won't upgrade to a new version just because it's new.
    08-28-10 06:03 AM
    To the OP, try running the .exe as an Administrator. Vista is a pain with the UAC. It might not allow you to run the .exe unless you run it as an Administrator.
    08-28-10 12:06 PM
    I have successfully installed DM 6 on three Windows 7 x64 systems but the product was such a pita.

I have now gone back to the one-that-works, namely DM 4.6 with no media manager.

This was the last DM release before RIM took to automatically updating files on your phone that IT though you needed. Thanks, but no thanks.
    08-28-10 12:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD