I've been getting an error message that it cannot sync because my computer needs to be connected to the internet. Anyone else having this problem and how did you resolve it?
    07-17-09 12:36 PM
    I had this when I first installed it. Shut the DM down and rebooted. Have not had it since.
    07-17-09 12:38 PM
    Anyone having trouble syncing their contacts? I'm assuming it's because i have vista (i know, dumb move on my part).
    07-17-09 12:43 PM
    I'm having a hard time launching the media sync tool (Roxio) from DM 5.0. The second I click the link to open it from within DM 5.0 it crashes. So I just stored everything on a SD card for now. I'm running Vista x64 SP2.
    07-17-09 12:48 PM
    I'm having a hard time launching the media sync tool (Roxio) from DM 5.0. The second I click the link to open it from within DM 5.0 Vista (x64 SP2) it crashes. So I just stored everything on a SD card for now.

DM appears to not play nice with Vista 64bit. Puked all over the place on me whenever I would try to bring up Roxio Media Manager.

Loaded it on a second system I've been testing Windows 7 on....no problems.
    07-17-09 12:50 PM
    DM appears to not play nice with Vista 64bit. Puked all over the place on me whenever I would try to bring up Roxio Media Manager.

Anyone getting a software incompatable issue with the tour when trying to sync address book? Got the tour sunday synched great with 4.7 but now with 5.0 giving me some software error?
    07-17-09 12:52 PM

It seems RIM just never figure out how to make the DM play nice with Vista. Perhaps it's the other way around. I remember people have a lot of problems installing/running the earlier versions of the DM in Vista. Regardless, I had hoped it would have been resolved by now. Thanks.
    07-17-09 12:53 PM
    I was going to mess with the desktop redirector at work (since we now block access to mail from BIS, ugh ...) So I uninstalled DM 4.7, and installed DM 5 (keep in mind, I used to have my Storm connected to this laptop.)

Well when I connect my Tour, everything appears to work. The 'device connected' shows my Tour's PIN, but the 'active device' is listed as 'none'. This means the redirector software says 'no PIN', and will not work. Anyone have any experience with this?
    07-17-09 12:56 PM
    I tried rebooting and turning off McAfee Firewall and INternet protection but I still get the same error. I am able to use the application loader to load software but cannot sync to outlook. I am using Windows XP.
    07-17-09 01:18 PM
    In the past I always used 4.6 without media ( Roxio ) and everything was smooth as silk. Now 5.0 comes out and I decided to try it but without Roxio. So far everything has been perfect with the syncing, restoring and all the other stuff.
    07-17-09 01:25 PM

I dont find the statement about Vista x64 to be true at all. I have 2 Vista x64 machines with DM installed and they work just fine. I also personally know 7 people with Vista x64 and BlackBerry devices. I think Vista gets an unjustly bad rap more often than not. Sure, there are many issues I have with the OS. But, its not quite the hunk of junk many people claim it to be.

A suggestion for you regarding Roxio Media Manager. Have you ever tried just working with Windows Explorer to manage your microSD card? It allows you to work on the contents of your card just like you would with any other HD. Roxio is a big waste of space. It doesn't do anything that can not be performed in Windows Explorer and like I said....you'll be saving HD space.

ALB
    07-17-09 01:31 PM
    I dont find the statement about Vista x64 to be true at all. I have 2 Vista x64 machines with DM installed and they work just fine. I also personally know 7 people with Vista x64 and BlackBerry devices. I think Vista gets an unjustly bad rap more often than not. Sure, there are many issues I have with the OS. But, its not quite the hunk of junk many people claim it to be.

A suggestion for you regarding Roxio Media Manager. Have you ever tried just working with Windows Explorer to manage your microSD card? It allows you to work on the contents of your card just like you would with any other HD. Roxio is a big waste of space. It doesn't do anything that can not be performed in Windows Explorer and like I said....you'll be saving HD space.

ALB
    I can only access the directories stored on the SD card via Windows Explorer and not the directories stored on the Tour. To access the directories stored on the Tour, at least in the past, I had to use Roxio. This is the only reason I would like to get it working again.
    07-17-09 02:50 PM
    I can get Destop Manager to load software, sync with Datavault, but not Outlook. I keep getting that unable to connect to internet message. Anyone else have this issue and got it resolved? If so, how. I've already reinstalled Desktop Manager 5.0 with the same results.
    It wouldn't be such a big deal to me if Google Sync, synced all the Blackberry fields like birthdays, anniversaries, etc.
    07-27-09 08:47 AM
    I can't even get it to download properly and I have XP.

Beeray
    07-27-09 05:29 PM

ALB
    Sir , please help me. Here the deal. My first bold I had I could use the explorer to work with my sd card and the device memory,and also the roxio worked too,like explorer way better, but I just got a new bold,and roxio don't work anymore and the worst part is when I click on my commputer this new bold does not show up at all . Sd card doesn't show up or device memory part ,nothing.its like its not even connected or sumthing, and no roxio either. So I have no way to jugle my media around from sd to device and all that stuff. I can't put nothing on device unless of course I download it straight to it with my phone. Please help shead sum light on this for I would be in ur debt.my sound funny but for me personaly to be able to this is important me thank u

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-09 07:16 PM
    I've only had the curve for a few weeks..but am disappointed...it seems to me overall that the guys at windows have more common sense than these baffoons at RIM....i mean come on....you mean to tell me that I cant sync my information via blue tooth when im nor directly in front of my computer to select "ok to synch"....what a bunch of morons...they could have at least tested their platform on a bunch of monkeys and learned at least something.
    please do let me know if there is a way to sych via bluetooth....
    and what's up with not allowing users to use apps via wifi....useless cretins...i miss my windows mobile...now only if that gates could keep his sh.... free from bugs and not to be as slow
    07-29-09 10:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD