Problem appears to be related to corrupt RAR file from new hybrid. Not related to Desktop Manager 5.0

So, I decided to wipe my phone and put on lyric's new hybrid. I also just upgraded to Desktop Manager 5.0.. Everything was working great until I tried to use loader.exe to load up the beta. It gave me an error saying something about the Desktop Manager software does not detect that you have device software for you device.

IT seems as though they have found a way to make it hard to install these betas...or maybe it is a problem with 4.7 device software with 5.0 desktop software...i dunno, but I'm reinstalling 4.7 desktop software right now
    Last edited by AgTitan06; 07-17-09 at 03:45 PM.
    07-17-09 03:11 PM
    WTF...loader.exe is saying it doesn't have the proper device software for my device...
    07-17-09 03:28 PM
    WTF...loader.exe is saying it doesn't have the proper device software for my device...
    uhhh do u hv the plain 4.7.0.151 os installed?

(even if u r using the hybrid, u still need a base os)
    07-17-09 03:30 PM
    uhhh do u hv the plain 4.7.0.151 os installed?

(even if u r using the hybrid, u still need a base os)
    Yes, of course I had the base OS 151 installed on the computer.

There is something wrong with the RAR files that lyric posted...Here are the steps I did:

1) Uninstall 151 from computer, delete .151 folder with prior hybrid files
    2) Complete wipe of phone
    3) Reinstall 151 to computer
    4) Run 151beta6v3.RAR
    5) Installed to correct 151 folder.
    6) Ran Shrink-a-OS..shrank everything except BB messenger, font, attachment service, theme.
    7) Ensure vendor.xml was deleted
    8) Run loader.exe
    9) Error persisted saying Desktop manager does not have correct device software for you..

So I tested and tried again with 151 only installed, and it worked...Then tested once I unzipped those files into my 151 folder..and tried, and it caused the error again..so that's why I know its with thar RAR file...I tried again with the installer file, and it is loading now.
    2)
    07-17-09 03:42 PM
    Yes, of course I had the base OS 151 installed on the computer.

There is something wrong with the RAR files that lyric posted...Here are the steps I did:

1) Uninstall 151 from computer, delete .151 folder with prior hybrid files
    2) Complete wipe of phone
    3) Reinstall 151 to computer
    4) Run 151beta6v3.RAR
    5) Installed to correct 151 folder.
    6) Ran Shrink-a-OS..shrank everything except BB messenger, font, attachment service, theme.
    7) Ensure vendor.xml was deleted
    8) Run loader.exe
    9) Error persisted saying Desktop manager does not have correct device software for you..

So I tested and tried again with 151 only installed, and it worked...Then tested once I unzipped those files into my 151 folder..and tried, and it caused the error again..so that's why I know its with thar RAR file...I tried again with the installer file, and it is loading now.
    2)
    so it is working now? that's good
    07-17-09 03:44 PM
    so it is working now? that's good
    Yes, when you use the installer..when you use the RAR, you get errors
    07-17-09 03:44 PM
    thankssssssssssssssssssssssssss
    06-16-10 06:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD