I had an issue today with the DM not wanting to open at all except to a white screen. I removed it and reinstalled it to no avail. I even went as far as going into the registry to delete existing files that could have been the issue. ( don't do this unless you KNOW what you are doing. You can screw up your machine very easily messing around in the registry.)

This link will help you but I am NOT responsible for anything you do to your machine if you absolutely have no other choice how to remove those files. Remember my warning above!!!!

Needless to say, that removed the files but did not solve the problem. I was still getting the white screen of death as I called it. All I got was a white box with no writing or anything that would NOT close even in Task Manager.

Finally I saw where someone had suggested removing Internet Explorer 7. I did not have 7, I had IE8. I removed it through add/remove software under the control panel and rebooted my machine.

Guess what.... not only did it boot faster, but when I clicked on the DM icon, it started with no issues and connected as well with no problems.

Aftermath - I have come to the conclusion now that anything Microsoft puts out is utter trash specifically Vista. IE8 caused more problems on my machine than it was ever worth and I will not download it again regardless of whether or not what I am trying to do will not work on Firefox. Quite simply, I am fed up with Microsoft's junk. Make it compatible or don't put it on the market.

Thanks for listening to my rant and I hope anyone reading this is helped by the actual fix but this has been a full day down the toilet because of their piece of sh!t browser crapware.
    10-22-09 12:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD