Somehow I uninstalled the Media Manager. Now, on the Media Page, the Media Manager [Install] button is greyed out.

I have uninstalled Desktop and then re-installed it, but I am still getting same.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    tc
    10-16-09 09:38 AM
    when you install DM5, there is a standard or custom install page where you get to choose. click on custom and make sure that Media Manager (I think it is called Roxio) is checked to be installed. then go back and click Standard install. There is also another page along the installation process where you can uncheck to have media manager or Roxio to NOT be installed. Be sure it is checkmarked here as well.
    10-16-09 11:00 AM
    The way I got into this mess was one day Roxio would hang when I launched the Media Manager. Wouldn't get past the splash screen. And it would start the Windows Installer which would request the path for where the .msi file was. It couldn't find it on either the DMS Cd or the Roxio CDs and would constantly re-appear when I would Cancel the installer.
    Even after re-booting the computer, the installer would automatically launch itself looking for the installation media.

Then I went into the DSM install and found the custom install that you mention and I unchecked MediaManager. This finally made the incessant re-launch of the installer go away. But I have not been able to get MM back.

At this point, the only thing I get on Custom Install is the option to install Media Sync, which is installed.

Funny thing is that on the Media Page of DM, The button under Media Manager which is usually "Launch" if installed, says "Install" but it is greyed out.

I have tried all sorts of installs, including from Add/Remove Programs>Change as well as Add/Remove Programes>Delete and then re-install.

Do I need to launch Media Manager to browse my BB from the computer? It seems so, because when I connect the device, it shows up in Windows Explorer as a removable disk, but when I click on it I get prompted to insert a disk into the drive.
    10-16-09 11:20 AM
    Somehow I uninstalled the Media Manager. Now, on the Media Page, the Media Manager [Install] button is greyed out.

I have uninstalled Desktop and then re-installed it, but I am still getting same.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    tc
    I seem to have the same problem. just install desk top manager 5.0 and that's when it happened I think. anyone else have this problem. Does 5.0 not support Media Manage?
    10-17-09 09:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD