Hi CX, i am trying to sync the Storm using Desktop manager. I have the Bold and have on my pc DM 4.6. That works fine. I've got the CD that came with the Storm and that won't open on my lappy. Ok so i try to do the change device with what i've got 4.6DM. I get to the bit where it says plug in your new device and it tells me "Invalid Configeration. The device does not have sufficient storage to accomodate your selections. Please select fewer optional applications" . However, all I want to get on there is my calendar and my contacts. I have not downloaded any applications apart from the crackberry launcher. I have deleted Vodafone live and I only have 1 phone number in my contact. So I'm stuck. Any help much appreciated. Also I havent got a memory card in the Storm. Maybe i should put that in and it might get it going. Let me give that a go.
    I would go to COntrol Panel>Add/Remove Programs and uninstall DM 4.6 from the computer. Then run the CD that came with the device, and see if it will install. I've heard that quite a few people are having issues with the CD that came with the device. And it sucks they don't have it available for download. But I'd try that and see if it works. Also do you have a separate computer to try and install the DM on?
    11-16-08 02:35 PM
    I could try it on the PC and see if it works. I'm kinda scared of deleting the DM but i will give it a go.
    11-16-08 02:48 PM
    Just out of curiosity' you don't have the OS for a different BB installed on that pc do you?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-08 02:51 PM
    The CD works on the PC so its my lappy that is the problem. That sucks. All my stuff is on the lappy.
    11-16-08 02:55 PM
    The CD works on the PC so its my lappy that is the problem. That sucks. All my stuff is on the lappy.
    You can back up what information you need onto the desktop. Also, you could just email yourself the .ipd files or whatever else you need.
    11-16-08 03:15 PM
    Thanks CX. Im just emailing my contacts over. Just the important people
    11-16-08 04:16 PM
    I'm running the above version of Blackberry desktop manager and Windows Vista on my laptop.

I cannot for the life of me get the bl**dy thing to connect to my Storm. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Desktop Manager, deleting the device drivers, plugging it into various USB ports so its redetected. I've also tried pulling the battery on the Storm and nothing works.

The wife's in exactly the same predicament, she's running Vista , has a Storm and the same version of desktop manager. Can anyone offer any advice? I've looked around the net and can see other people having similar probs with the Blackberry Bold & Vista but nothing is helping me fix this issue.
    Try to log into VISTA as an Administrator, not as a Standard User evoking "run as administrator", nor as a guest. Nuke everything in sight. Find the Verizon or Vista drivers for your Storm alone and load and install them, with no Desktop Manager or Sync Manager. You must first get to the point where, when you click on My Computer or whatever, you will see your PC hardware AND, with the Storm attached via USB, two more "drive" icons: BLACKBERRY1 AND BLACKBERRY2.
    At this point you can just use VISTA for many drag and drop operations between your PC and your Storm. Of course, you
    cannot do a save and restore. You CAN install apps OTA by emailing their addresses to your Storm.

THEN you can entertain adding the DM or a separate Media Sync Manager or what. Do it OTA from BB dot com. I have had
    a very bad time with Media Sync UNDER the DM, so I run it separately from the DM.

Doctor Neutron
    Last edited by DoctorNeutron; 12-28-08 at 02:42 PM.
    12-28-08 02:36 PM
    In my Device Manager on Vista, the 9530 is listed with a ! next to it:

this is the message under properties:
    Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available.
    01-10-09 04:56 PM
    Forget the DM for a minute. Log in as a genuine Vista Administrator and nuke everything in sight. Get proper Vista drivers for your Storm. (Mine I got from VZN disk; RIM site has them too.) Once installed, you MUST be able to see two "USB drives", Blackberry 1 and 2. THEN deal with DM installation. FORGET trying to use Media Sync that sits under this DM - it is a POS ! Go back to RIM and get a SEPARATE Media Sync package and sync your iTUNES.

For those who think Vista installation of 4.7 is a piece of cake "just like 4.5 or 4.6", I say, not so ! I have installed 4.7 on Windows Vista Business SP-1 and Windows XP Pro SP-3. These two installations are like night and day. I mainly use the Vista one, but it is flaky. My XP installation never gives me near the grief that my Vista one does. Unfortunately for me, my iTUNES is installed on my Vista machine. Vista will exasperate even the stout of heart - been using for a long time.

Doctor Neutron
    01-10-09 10:18 PM
    Damn, I actually just downloaded DM 4.7 and had absolutely no problem connecting. Just plugged the Storm into the computer via the USB cable and viola.

...It's probably because you're running Vista.
    01-10-09 10:32 PM
    I see DM 4.7 on RIM site for North America and I have used it on a Vista 32bit machine without any problems. Here is the link to the RIM site:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22 You can copy and paste the link into your browser and then click the dropdown arrow for the various DM products including 4.7

Am I missing something in the initial posts to this thread??

The USB drivers are also there, but I thought they came with DM.
    Last edited by DJM1947; 01-10-09 at 11:08 PM.
    01-10-09 11:05 PM
    I see DM 4.7 on RIM site for North America and I have used it on a Vista 32bit machine without any problems. Here is the link to the RIM site:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22

The USB drivers are also there, but I thought they came with DM.
    The drivers are part of DM, but being separate allows me to put just the drivers on my work pc so I can charge or transfer docs during the day and my IT department doesn't have to get involved..
    01-10-09 11:24 PM
    I can't install DM with the cd that came with my disk. It brings up install shield try's to install it then says can not find device. Then it gives me an error and closes. If I hook the phone up to the usb cord when trying to install it says can not run device and closes. I'm downloading the program from the site to see if that works. Am I doing something wrong?
    01-10-09 11:34 PM
    I can't install DM with the cd that came with my disk. It brings up install shield try's to install it then says can not find device. Then it gives me an error and closes. If I hook the phone up to the usb cord when trying to install it says can not run device and closes. I'm downloading the program from the site to see if that works. Am I doing something wrong?
    Not at all, some of the install disks that shipped with the storms were bad, same program, just a different way of getting it.
    01-10-09 11:40 PM
    i had the same problem also with it connectiing to the DM. i fixed it. while going thru my options i noticed under the Memory option that the Mass Storage Mode Support was OFF.... by turning it ON, it cured my problem.....
    01-11-09 01:44 AM
    i had the same problem also with it connectiing to the DM. i fixed it. while going thru my options i noticed under the Memory option that the Mass Storage Mode Support was OFF.... by turning it ON, it cured my problem.....
    Thought this might do it for me - but alas, no ...

Mass Storage Mode Support was on - but "Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected" was off. So I turned that on too. This had one encouraging result - I can now see "BLACKBERRY1" and "BLACKBERRY2" as drives H: and G: respectively - and I can drag/drop using Windows Explorer.

BUT DM 4.7 STILL SAYS Diconnected. Grrr. Any more ideas?

No conflicts in device manager. Running Vista Home Premium.
    01-18-09 02:40 AM
    My problem is that I bought my laptop (running Vista) 2 days ago, downloaded DM 4.6, and everything was fine. The DM wanted to upgrade to 4.7, so I let it, and now it won't connect Any thoughts...? (BTW, I have the 8220 Pearl Flip)
    07-08-09 08:31 AM
    I am running DM 4.7 with Media Manager on Vista for my Storm. But whenever I run Media Manager it slows down and practically stops working. I can hardly transfer any files. Any help?
    08-28-09 05:14 AM
    Lets transfer this thread to our new DM Sub Forum.
    08-28-09 08:25 AM
    Tried for 10 hours to connect DM 4.7 with my Vista laptop, and Storm 9530. No go, uninstalled, reinstalled, yada yada. DM told me "disconnected" even while My Computer recognized 2 BB drives as removable storage.

Downloaded & installed 5.0 - no change in results.

Installed 5.0 on my Win XP desktop - problem solved! Er, OK - not exactly solved with Vista. Have an open escalation from Verizon to RIM / Blackberry but I don't see them resolving Vista issues. WTF? Vista was out way before the Storm. But at least I can sync my Storm to the PC to have backups.

Don't know if I'll pursue the laptop sync with Vista; ticks me off but seems to be a path of diminishing returns.

Bummer.
    08-31-09 12:00 PM
    I can't download Desktop manager to my pc.

From the cd it says,
    (Error 1305. Error reading from file C:\Program Files\Research in motion\blackberry\IS71 connectors\data migration wizard\connectors\windows mobile connector\IS.pocketPC_SH3.cab. Verify that the file exist and that you can access it)
    I went to the file and it exists but I can't access it.

Please help.
    04-09-10 02:07 AM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD