Just came across a posting on berryreview.com with link of rapidshare with "desktop manager 4.6"
    I like the rich interface and cool addition like "update application", media sync is not yet available.
    06-11-08 01:42 PM
    README.TXT
    Contents
    ---------

1. FIRST STEPS FOR NEW USERS
    2. NEW FEATURES

-----------------------------
    1. FIRST STEPS FOR NEW USERS

For more information about setting up your BlackBerry(R) device, see the printed documentation that came with your device.

-----------------------------
    2. NEW FEATURES

* Roxio(R) Media Manager for BlackBerry devices includes support for on-board device memory

* Link to BlackBerry(R) Media Sync installation site: This application transfers and synchronizes iTunes(R) music files and playlists between your computer and your device media card.

* Backup and restore support for on-board device memory
    Last edited by CBR900RR; 06-11-08 at 11:30 PM.
    06-11-08 06:20 PM
    Nice can't wait to see it and use it. Wonder when it will come out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-08 06:59 PM
    * Backup and restore support for on-board device memory
    Wait, let me get this streight. You have to use DM to backup to the internal memory. AAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHHAAHHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......................... ........................................AAAAAAAAAA AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's next, needing to run DM in order for the BB to charge? Come on RIM!

I know it's at least a new feature, but why oh why would you want to run DM and backup to the internal media card? You should be able to run a backup to the Media Card without having to plug into anything. Am I the only one who thinks it's stupid to do this?
    06-11-08 08:51 PM
    4.6?? I don't even see the Desktop Manager 4.5 on RIM's site!??
    06-11-08 08:56 PM
    Not that anyone will care, BUT read the terms of usage lol!!

I've said it before and i'll say it again, you are RIM beta testers, from the spy app "quincy" they build into the beta OS files, to the way desktop manager will phone home on you, we're all being watched lol!!

*puts on tinfoil hat again and finishes installing 4.6*
    Last edited by Bla1ze; 06-11-08 at 09:11 PM.
    06-11-08 09:06 PM
    Thanks for the info Bla1ze, I am glad I first tried on my non functional 8830WE!! I upgraded to the curve. Time to delete and reinstall 4.3 LOL
    06-11-08 09:23 PM
    I hear the Black Helicopters are on their way.
    06-12-08 12:26 AM
    Hi,

Just to post some up to date screenshots of the 4.6.0.6 Build 8 DM :

Media manager is functional if you have the full Roxio Media Creator 10 Suite

I try to setup the beta Blackberry MediaSynch, but it seems that it doesn't like the latest iTunes.

Regarding backup and restore (Tested with my 8310 Curve OS 4.5.0.42), there is more options, like full memory backup etc ... New application loader is also included (4.6.0.8), more wiping options and faster.

Still no Outlook Synch on BIS, continuing to use my plugin for that.
    06-12-08 03:19 AM
    Hi,

Still no Outlook Synch on BIS, continuing to use my plugin for that.
    ??? Explain? I sync my Outlook contacts through Outlook all the time.
    06-12-08 08:09 AM
    If you have a mail account (Standard POP3/SMTP).
    You receive your mail by BIS. You can reconcile and set up BIS Account in order to synchronize your deleted mails.

But if you also set-up this mail account in Outlook on your desktop PC, you can't synchronize your outbox, deleted mails etc ... in order that your blackberry is the exact mirror of your outlook.

So, I've programmed a plugin for DM that do the job.

-I set up my Outlook to leave a copy of a mail 1 day on the server.
    -My plugin synchronize Outlook and Blackberry mails, for both inbox, outbox and deleted mails.

To sum-up at the end of day when I synchronize, I have on the POP3 Server the mails that arrives in last 24 hours, and the same mails on the blackberry and in outlook (or thunderbird I've done it too) both for inbox and outbox.
    06-12-08 10:57 AM
    *puts on tinfoil hat again and finishes installing 4.6*
    I hate you, I just spat Dr. Pepper all over my desk!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!
    06-12-08 11:11 AM
    I downloaded 4.6, but neither media manager nor media sync seems to work.
    06-12-08 01:38 PM
    bla1ze that activation thing you posted is also in DM 4.3 install.
    06-12-08 03:37 PM
    Wait, let me get this straight. You have to use DM to backup to the internal memory.

I know it's at least a new feature, but why oh why would you want to run DM and backup to the internal media card? You should be able to run a backup to the Media Card without having to plug into anything. Am I the only one who thinks it's stupid to do this?
    As far back as when I had an Audiovox Maestro running Pocket PC 2002, I was able to backup to either the sd card or the compact flash without having to connect my device to anything. And I could restore from either place also, so yes, I get where you're coming from.
    06-12-08 04:22 PM
    I have come to the decision that RIM is using the general "Crackberry" public as there beta testers indirectly. Why would they allow all these OS/Desktop manager version available.
    06-12-08 06:15 PM
    Has anyone else had any issues with Media Manager and Media Sync on their copy of Desktop manager 4.6?
    06-12-08 06:45 PM
    so yes, I get where you're coming from.
    Maybe if we were all Canadian or perhaps hit in the head too much by hockey pucks, RIM's way of making things work would make more sense.

I hear that the next model Blackberry will have a red button on the bottom of the device with the word "Reboot" on it. It's there so that we won't have to do battery pulls as much and then complain about loose battery covers. I heard RIM's R&D took several months to come up with an idea to solve the loose battery cover issues and they were quite happy with this solution.
    06-12-08 09:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD