Blackberry desktop manager 4.6 seems to not be able to see Outlook 2000. I'm trying to sync my contacts and calendar. Is there a better piece of software that I can use to sync my info? I have 3 computers at home and would rather not have to pay for an upgrade for outlook on each of the 3 computers.
    08-23-08 05:04 PM
    Support for Outlook 2000 was phased out with the release of DM 4.3. You should update Outlook to a newer version. Or stay stuck with outdated Outlook, and outdated software on your BB.
    08-23-08 05:07 PM
    I use Outlook 2000 on my work computer and had the same issue. I uninstalled the current DM and then downloaded DM 4.2 SP2. This works fine with Outlook 2000.

Since I am new I can't post the link, if you just Google "Blackberry 4.2 sp2" you will find the Blackberry site link for the download.
    Last edited by jtwisconsin; 08-24-08 at 04:40 PM.
    08-24-08 10:49 AM
    I think you can use the Outlook upgrade on multiple computers...I upgraded all 3 in my house to Office 2007 for one price.

It was worth it to me.
    08-24-08 10:52 AM
    Support for Outlook 2000 was phased out with the release of DM 4.3. You should update Outlook to a newer version. Or stay stuck with outdated Outlook, and outdated software on your BB.
    Sunkast, that isn't helpful or productive. Many of us are forced by our employers to use either an OS or software suite that is behind the times. Nothing is gained by scolding someone for using older software. That isn't the issue. GIVEN the current Office suite, how best to connect our RIM devices to our address books.

jtwisconsin, thanks for the timely answer.
    Last edited by Vexxarr; 03-23-09 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Inaccurate reply on my part
    03-23-09 02:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD