After installing desktop manager 4.6 on my husband's computer, I attempted to set up the synchronization options for his address book. He has Microsoft Outlook. In the desktop manager setup screen, when you select address book, then click the setup button, a dialog box comes up asking you to pick which program you want to use to synchronize with. For some reason, Microsoft Outlook was not in the list. (I did not have this problem with desktop manager on my computer.) Since that dialog box does not give you an option to search for a program, does anyone have any ideas?
    Thank you very much!
    09-24-08 10:28 PM
    What version of Outlook do you have?
    09-24-08 10:37 PM
    My husband's computer has MS Outlook 2000, SP3. Too old a version?
    09-24-08 10:51 PM
    Yes. Support for 2000 was phased out with the released of Desktop Manager 4.3 and newer. I would recommend upgrading the version of Outlook.
    09-24-08 10:54 PM
    I thank you... I guess I was too tired to consider that. I have Outlook 2007, which would explain why it worked on my computer, and not his. Thank you again!
    09-24-08 11:00 PM
    Hi there, I have this same problem.

I have Outlook 2007 and have used almost almost all versions of the Desktop Manager and I still cannot find Outlook. Grrr... any suggestions?

Thanks!
    08-12-09 02:54 PM
    I use Desktop Manager version 4.7 with Outlook 2007 without any problems.

You might try uninstalling Desktop Manager, rebooting the computer, and reinstalling Desktop Manager.
    08-12-09 03:16 PM
    OMG! For weeks now I have been attempting to sychn with the latest version of Desktop .. well, even tho my carrier doesn't offer it, I downloaded the '5.0' version and guess what, it works.
    08-12-09 03:17 PM
    I use Desktop Manager version 4.7 with Outlook 2007 without any problems.

You might try uninstalling Desktop Manager, rebooting the computer, and reinstalling Desktop Manager.
    Did that so many times I've been using an iPhone...gasp! in place of my BB but YAY! Just got it to work! Thanks!
    08-12-09 03:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD