Hi,

I accidently un-installed Desktop Manager 4.6 and the email redirector. My device is on 4.6 so does anyone have a download link as 5.0 doesnt have the redirector and I cant get my emails working again.

Any help would be great!

Thanks.
    06-20-10 03:17 PM
    you need a download link for the Desktop Manager 4.6 ?

I believe that the CD supplied with your Berry has the DM 4.6.
    06-20-10 03:27 PM
    I lost the CD...

Thanks
    06-20-10 05:11 PM
    How do you accidentally uninstall a program......
    06-20-10 05:52 PM
    OK. I have the desktop software back. Thanks. But the desktop redirector program still isnt here, so my emails are not being forwarded to my BB...

Any ideas??

Thanks.
    06-21-10 10:33 AM
    Are you on BES? BlackBerry Desktop Redirector
    To perform the tasks in this section, your email account must be associated with a BlackBerry� Enterprise Server.

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartp...1-5.0.1-US.pdf

By the way DM 5.0 includes Desktop Redirector for BES.
    06-21-10 10:38 AM
    I dont have an enterprise server... and I dont know if it is BES...

I got the bold 9000 months ago, set up the email redirector and it worked fine with my outlook emails. Any emails that came into my outlook inbox automatically got forwarded to my device. But now they arnt, the redirector must have got un-installed when the desktop software got un-installed. Now there is not re-director and I get no emails

Can you help?
    06-21-10 10:41 AM
    I dont have an enterprise server... and I dont know if it is BES...

I got the bold 9000 months ago, set up the email redirector and it worked fine with my outlook emails. Any emails that came into my outlook inbox automatically got forwarded to my device. But now they arnt, the redirector must have got un-installed when the desktop software got un-installed. Now there is not re-director and I get no emails

Can you help?
    No BES (BlackBerry Enterprise Server) = no desktop redirector.

I have never had BES, so I did not have desktop redirector even when I ran DM 4.6.
    06-21-10 10:42 AM
    I didnt have BES... But I DID have the re-director. The little program on my desktop that told me how many emails were forwarded, how many pending, how many sent from device etc. It was there, I can assure you! However I had no BES...
    06-21-10 10:56 AM
    I didnt have BES... But I DID have the re-director. The little program on my desktop that told me how many emails were forwarded, how many pending, how many sent from device etc. It was there, I can assure you! However I had no BES...
    Is this PC a work PC connected to the Exchange server?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/out...e-mail-102256/
    06-21-10 11:11 AM
    If what you are trying to do is get your work emails on your personal BlackBerry, this option might help. http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/sett...ss-bis-208151/
    06-21-10 11:16 AM
    The PC is not a work PC, the PC and BB are both personal items...

Thanks,
    06-21-10 11:21 AM
    The PC is not a work PC, the PC and BB are both personal items...

Thanks,
    Sorry, but I do not see how it would be possible to get desktop redirector to work unless you are running an Exchange server at home.

If you want your work emails on your BB, you might be able to set up OWA, as I mentioned in my previous post.
    06-21-10 11:26 AM
    I didnt need a BES as my service provider (3) gave me push email with my contract...
    06-21-10 11:50 AM
    gud day sirs can i upgrade my bb bold 9000 to version .681 if my desktop manager is 4.6?a newbie here sir just want to aSK BEFORE I PROCEED waiting for your kind reply
    06-21-10 01:04 PM
    I would recommend getting DM 5.0

Good luck with the upgrade
    06-21-10 02:27 PM
    gud day sirs can i upgrade my bb bold 9000 to version .681 if my desktop manager is 4.6?a newbie here sir just want to aSK BEFORE I PROCEED waiting for your kind reply
    No need to hijack a thread but you do not need DM to upgrade just to use it to backup for settings, email, contacts etc.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/off...7/#post5148008
    Last edited by andyahs; 06-21-10 at 03:22 PM.
    06-21-10 03:18 PM
    thanks for the assistance sir!already on .681 we seem to struggle on certain options regarding messaging and saving some numbers.can i also ask for assistance onn this or re direct me on a certain thread that tackle this subject.iam sorry sir i dont know what you mean about hijacking a thread.really iam a newbie sir.please redirect or kindly give advice.thank you sir
    Last edited by wooshie_20; 06-21-10 at 11:22 PM.
    06-21-10 11:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD