I have an 8830we on Verizon and the latest operating system as well as Desktop Manager 4.3.

Recently I found the Application Loader option is missing in Desktop Manager and can't figure out what happened to it or how to get it back.

Any suggestions?
    12-05-07 05:16 PM
    Have you just tried to reinstall it? Sometimes that works...I just got mine at Thanksgiving and I had trouble with the Desk Manager working on my computer...I loaded and reloaded a couple times and now it seems to work except the Application Manager cannot locate the BB alx (I think that's the right file suffix) file on my desktop. The website I bought the software from told my that some recent BB models had a bug in their Desktop Manager and to go here and download the patch; it came out 11/20:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support...load_sites.jsp

I'm doing it right now...very LARGE program. Good luck to both of us!
    12-05-07 06:15 PM
    Yeah that did it.

Don't know why the heck it just disappeared on me and hope it never happens again.

It takes FOREVER to reload that damn software.
    12-05-07 09:20 PM
    Has anyone had this problem?

I've had to reinstall the software twice now because my "Application Loader" icon keeps disappearing on me.
    12-09-07 11:26 AM
    Ok I have reloaded this software 3 times and everytime at some point the "Application Loader" icon disappers on me completely.

Got to be someone else who has run in to this problem.
    01-03-08 12:59 PM
    Ok I have reloaded this software 3 times and everytime at some point the "Application Loader" icon disappers on me completely.

Got to be someone else who has run in to this problem.
    When you say "Application Loader icon" which one are you talking about? On your phone or on your Computer? On the phone there is an icon call "Applications" that just lets the phone list all of the icons on the screen to choose from, or you can push your "BB" key (left of trackball) to bring them up. If that is the one you are talking about, it depends on which theme you are using as to whether it shows or not. Is you phone set to "Show All" icons? Just a thought...hope you can figure it out.
    01-03-08 01:35 PM
    The problem is with Desktop Manager and the Icon on my computer not the phone.
    01-03-08 01:56 PM
    The problem is with Desktop Manager and the Icon on my computer not the phone.
    Ok, I see what you are saying...sorry I have not heard of that problem...you've already done what I would do: unistall program, reinstall from download. Good Luck!
    01-03-08 05:13 PM
    You know I'm starting to have second thoughts about Blackberry.

After learning that customer support is only offered through my carrier and I can't even contact RIM for the simplest things like figuring out what the **** is wrong with their Desktop Manager software and not getting any answers anywhere else I'm starting to think that they simply don't care.
    01-04-08 01:06 AM
    Huh?..Verizon supports contacting RIM for you...I have friends who work at RIM who complain about Verizon all the time, cause their reps are idiots....in any case, why not just run the latest 4.2 offered for VZW, 4.3 don't really bring anything new to the table anyways cept it looks c00l lol.
    01-04-08 01:17 AM
    You know I'm starting to have second thoughts about Blackberry.
    Don't give up on BB, be angry with Verizon. They have screwed up more good things with their "network"...GPS, downloads, etc. But they have such good coverage in this area and I dealt with AT&T before and had bad experiences with them too. Please let us know what your "fix" is or what you decide to do. Good Luck! Maybe you should repost your problem with a different subject that may grab more attention from the gurus in this forum...just a thought.
    01-04-08 07:09 AM
    I'm a new kat to BB and have used serveral different fones. From my experience BB has the cell fone done right. I considered the iPhone and pfft BB hands down. I have the same problem and have yet to use the software at all. Granted i have Macs in me house and one old pc with xp. I have downloaded from BB's site and used the included CD. I really dont know where to place the blame but i would say BB is the source as other apps install fine except for this one.
    01-04-08 10:24 AM
    Don't give up on BB, be angry with Verizon. They have screwed up more good things with their "network"...GPS, downloads, etc. But they have such good coverage in this area and I dealt with AT&T before and had bad experiences with them too. Please let us know what your "fix" is or what you decide to do. Good Luck! Maybe you should repost your problem with a different subject that may grab more attention from the gurus in this forum...just a thought.
    I'm probably going to resort back to Desktop Manager 4.2 but for me to be angry with Verizon is pointless as I am tied to them and I honestly don't see a better choice of wireless carriers.

Truth be told all the carriers have flaws and what keeps me with my current one is coverage.

It becomes frustrating when you can't find answers to simple questions and to talk with Verizon and those bafoons would do me no good. Honestly for me to speak with most customer service reps is pointless due to my highly technical nature.
    01-04-08 03:25 PM
    I know what you mean...Verizon has the best coverage around here and I wasn't happy with AT&T when I had them before. They are a necessary evil I guess. Have you tried to take your phone to a Verizon store to talk with them about it? Maybe they could give you an updated disk so you wouldn't have to download and maybe some suggestions. You can't be the ONLY one with this problem. I will tell you this...I have a T60 laptop and a desktop computer...the software would not work on my laptop, but seemed to update on my desktop OK. Now, for whatever reason, my laptop also works after the last update. Both run XP Pro?? Were you downloading from BB or Verizon's site? I used the Verizon site inorder to get mine to work. Good Luck...Sorry I was of no help.
    01-04-08 04:58 PM
    Not sure why but apparently version 4.3 doesnt support the 8830???

Verizon only has version 4.2 for the 8830.

Why is that?
    01-04-08 05:38 PM
    It does support it, VZW, in their wisdom (?) has chosen not to place it on their website.

Make sure you download DM version 4.2, Service Pack 2.

And instead of being made at RIM and VZW, I've decided its all Paris Hilton's fault.
    01-04-08 06:00 PM
    Whatever happened to customer service?

If I had treated my customers 7 years ago like companies due today I would be out of a job.
    01-05-08 02:45 AM
    Whatever happened to customer service?

If I had treated my customers 7 years ago like companies due today I would be out of a job.
    I hear ya...I am not defending Verizon by any means, but OS 4.3 is fairly new and maybe Verizon hasn't had time to "tweak" with it yet so it follows THEIR rules too. I know 4.3 is already on the Pearl, but your model is different and thusly would require different programming...just a theory.
    01-05-08 09:03 AM
    I hear ya...I am not defending Verizon by any means, but OS 4.3 is fairly new and maybe Verizon hasn't had time to "tweak" with it yet so it follows THEIR rules too. I know 4.3 is already on the Pearl, but your model is different and thusly would require different programming...just a theory.
    Bro its not the OS that's the problem, it's the Desktop Manager that is installed on the PC but I understand what you are saying.

The problem is I can seem to find an answer anywhere from anyone. Still waiting on a reply from "customer service".
    01-05-08 10:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD