I posted on here earlier about the desktop mmanager shutting down during syncing, but I have now noticed that even if i start up the DM and do not have the BB attached via USB to it it will still just shut down afte being on the screen for a short while the length that it stays on the screen varied. what is the problem?
    09-03-09 10:37 AM
    Where did you get DM from? disk that came with BB? or did you download it from Blackberry.com? Either way, try uninstalling DM and re-installing it.

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop Software - BlackBerry Software at BlackBerry.com There is the link to the DM software download.
    09-03-09 10:43 AM
    Uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times, still does not work, got the download from BLackberry website
    09-03-09 10:51 AM
    Did you install any apps or anything recently? Is it an updated version of DM? By that I mean have you used DM in the past with no problems and maybe a recent update or something could have started this?
    09-03-09 10:55 AM
    Updated to v5.0 and it started doin git so i uninstalled and backed down to v4.6 which had run perfectly before
    09-03-09 11:00 AM
    I'm trying to look through the DM forum to see if anybody has had a similar issue, did you look through there yet?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f153/
    09-03-09 11:00 AM
    yes didnt find anything i need help of course bb wont help at all without cost
    09-03-09 11:04 AM
    I suspect this is a computer issue, that is not normal for BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

It works correctly on Windows XP and Windows Vista.
    09-03-09 11:31 AM
    I understand it is not normal.....but it didnt start happening until I upgraded to V5.0 now it wont go away after i downgraded.....do I need to register the files.
    09-03-09 11:48 AM
    I suspect this is a computer issue, that is not normal for BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

It works correctly on Windows XP and Windows Vista.
    ....and Windows 7, like a charm, version 5.0.1.
    09-03-09 03:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD