I just got a new Tour - CD for the blackberry software doesn't work. Is there a specific version that I need to download? Seems like there are all versions to choose from. thanks
    08-17-09 12:12 PM
    I just got a new Tour - CD for the blackberry software doesn't work. Is there a specific version that I need to download? Seems like there are all versions to choose from. thanks
    I would suggest DM v5.0

Click this link and select Desktop Manager v5.0: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...h2it4m7nzcdw**

It's the same one that came with your Tour and probably is the most compatible with your device.
    08-17-09 12:25 PM
    I bought a Tour yesterday and had the same problem w/ software disc. I thought maybe the CD was not configured for my MAC but I brought it into work today where I use a PC and although the disc worked a little better it still failed during download.

So this same info can be downloaded online? Thanks.

~R
    08-17-09 12:35 PM
    I suspect the issue is Windows Vista. Vista requires Administrator privileges to correctly install the BlackBerry Desktop Manager from the CD.

Open Windows / Computer and select your CD drive. Right click on the Install program and select "Run as Administrator". It should install correctly.

The first thing it will do is request you do an upgrade. As 1 2 MaNy suggests, you can save some time and effort by downloading it directly from BlackBerry Support.
    08-17-09 12:40 PM
    N2boost, currently, DM is PC only. Unless you have bootcamp or Vmware Fusion 2 with XP running on your Mac it won't work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-09 12:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD