I'm getting ready to download Desktop Manager and there are a lot of them to choose from. I have a Storm 9530. Which one should I download? Also, what's the difference between with Media Manager and without?

Thanks
    Suz
    04-24-09 06:35 PM
    With media manager allows you to move files around via DM, but putting phone into mass storage mode is a better fit (for me). As for the version, there should be one on the disk that came with your Storm, I believe it is version 4.7. I have not used all the different versions, and currently have version 4.2 on my PC, but only because it is what I installed when I got my first bb, and haven't had any issues / need to upgrade.

(I haven't tried to install a new OS on my Storm yet, that could require that the DM version be the same as the OS?? Someone with more experience with OS loads will have to fill in my lack of knowledge on that point.)
    04-24-09 06:43 PM
    media manager is not recommended if you're running vista 64bit, just the desktop manager

as for the latest, it's 4.7 and YES you need that version if you're going to install BETA os
    04-24-09 06:57 PM
    Install with media manager if you are transfering pics, movies and music from computer to phone. If you arent, you dont need it.

I would download either Version 4.7 or 5.0 DM. They will both install any OS onto your phone as well as back it up and sync. The DM version DOES NOT need to be the same as the OS version. They are two completely different things.
    04-24-09 06:58 PM
    media manager is not recommended if you're running vista 64bit, just the desktop manager

as for the latest, it's 4.7 and YES you need that version if you're going to install BETA os
    The latest DM version is actually 5.0 at the moment. No real difference as far as I can see though. But just thought you would like to know!
    04-24-09 06:59 PM

I run Vista x64 & DM 4.7 with media and have no problems. Although I am not a fan of Roxio software, always found it to be a resource hog.

Also, I get the distinct impression that quite a few around here run a version other than 4.7 and still upgrade/downgrade the OS easily.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-09 09:13 PM
    I just installed DM 4.7.0.32, and the button to synch Outlook (addresses, calendar) disappeared. Left with App Loader, Backup and restore, Device Switch Wizard, Media and a new one, Synchronize Certificates.

Any help is appreciated!
    04-28-09 03:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD