Just updated the desktop manager from 4.5 to 4.7 and now it won't detect my phone. Pin still says none. But it asked for my mass usb password. The icon on the task bar says its disabled. Any clue on where I go from here. There is no option to enable the desktop manager. Already uninstalled and went back to 4.5. That don't work either. Already tryed it on both computers also.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-09 05:07 AM
    Hi darin-what I do know is the dm 4.7 is for the storm-i can't see what bb your using because I'm posting from'wap'. So if you don't have a storm-4.7 is not for you. If you have a curve-i know that people have sug'd the 4.6 dm. (I'm still using 4.5dm for my curve tho). Hope this helps you!

04-08-09 08:16 AM
    Delete 4.7, too many people have issues with it. Download DM 4.6 without media manager, that's the one to have...
    04-08-09 08:17 AM
    *sorry-as for it not detecting your bb again on the 4.5 - that I'm not sure about but I think you can't have both dm's (4.7 & 4.5) on ur compt@the same time because that may cause a prob- BUT I'm not 100% sure on that-im sure some1 w/more knowledge will no for sure!

04-08-09 08:18 AM
    Correct, you must delete DM before you can install a different version. You can only have one DM on your PC...
    04-08-09 08:23 AM
    Did all the deleting of the old dm. I lost the disk so I download 4.5 from the bb website. The computer knows the curve is plugged it. The bb is asking for the mass storage password. But it tells me "none" for the pin on the dm. I guess it goes to show why update if its working fine

04-08-09 03:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD