Hi there,

Anyone know how I stop Desktop manager booting up everytimne I start my PC?
    I only use it once a week and it's getting annoying as it boots up quite slowly and won't allow me to do anything until it has fully loaded.

Cheers

Craig
    12-11-08 01:20 PM
    I know how you feel. I had the same problem.
    Go to START, then All Programs, then Startup, and right click on Desktop Manager and click Delete. (this only removes it from Startup Menu). Now I need to figure out how to let it know that it has already updated me, when it keeps saying I need to update.
    12-11-08 01:52 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

The Desktop Manager Software does that by default. You can choose to not run at startup during the install.

Stopping it using homefinder's method works just fine.

Now I need to figure out how to let it know that it has already updated me, when it keeps saying I need to update.
    Are you getting the check for updates right after starting DTM? That is another setting you can specify during the install. It is actualy looking for an update for BlackBerry Desktop Software.

If you are getting it after connecting your BlackBerry, offering to upgrade to v4.5xx after you have already done that, let it run to completion. That stopped it on mine.
    12-11-08 02:27 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

Are you getting the check for updates right after starting DTM? That is another setting you can specify during the install. It is actualy looking for an update for BlackBerry Desktop Software.

If you are getting it after connecting your BlackBerry, offering to upgrade to v4.5xx after you have already done that, let it run to completion. That stopped it on mine.
    I have let it run through several times, but I did it again, and even changed the update notification option to weekly.
    After I connect my storm, first of all it doesn't open DM 4.7 automatically, which it should. So I start DM and it just goes right into checking for updates. Then says the "updated versions are listed below for your device. Which are BB 4.7 System Software, BB 4.7 Core Applications, Help. When I hit Update now, it connects to the device, searches for available software, then says no software updates are required for your device.
    So OK I'm glad I'm updated, but why is it telling first that I need these updates, then tells me I already have them. Of course since DM loads up soooo slow, this is a big time waster.
    Does anyone else have this problem. Any advice?
    Thanks
    12-11-08 04:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD