Hi!

I currently have Desktop Manager 5.01 installed on my system running Vista Ultimate. It syncs with Outlook 2007 & I've been fortunate in not having any problems.

I am about to replace my hard drive & install Windows 7 Ultimate 32b. Is there any Desktop Manager files I should save to transfer to the new system. I'll save all my Internal Memory & 3rd Party Apps backups, but is there something in that maze of Vista User Files that I need to copy?

I'm concerned that when I sync for the first time on the new system, I'll wipe my Blackberry files from my 9700, (Bad case of 1st time Blackberry owner paranoia.)

If anyone has some tips or tricks in moving to a new drive, I truly, truly, truly would appreciate it!

Thank You for your time.
    06-30-10 04:35 PM
    You dont need to save any DM files when doing a new Windows install. You will need to reinstall and reconfigure DM; so yu need to download a latest version of DM.

It is not necessary to do any backup of your BB files..

What you need to do is a backup of your .pst file (Outlook data file) before changing drives. This will allow to copy this file to your new drive and take all your Outloo data (except account settings, rules and junk mail address list). You can export and backuo your rules and junks address list from OL 2007 before doing the drive change.

Once yo finish the new installation just reinstall DM and configure the synch parameters with your device.. All will be Ok..

Good luck!
    BerryBubbles likes this.
    06-30-10 09:18 PM
    Oh Scouts, Thank You!!!

I have a copy of my current Outlook .pst on a flash drive, but I didn't know about exporting the rules and junk address list settings.
    I would have lost all that.

I appreciate the instructions you listed for me. I've been dragging my feet to do this install,
    but feel much better about it now that I have your guidelines.

Thank You Again!
    06-30-10 09:38 PM
    Oh Scouts, Thank You!!!

I have a copy of my current Outlook .pst on a flash drive, but I didn't know about exporting the rules and junk address list settings.
    I would have lost all that.

I appreciate the instructions you listed for me. I've been dragging my feet to do this install,
    but feel much better about it now that I have your guidelines.

Thank You Again!
    Im glad I could be of help! Thats the whole idea here at CB!!
    07-01-10 10:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD