Desktop Manager requires screen resolution of 1024X768.... My net book will only display settings of 1024X600.

Does anyone else have a netbook running desktop manager?? My main computer crashed. So the netbook is all I have for now.
    11-17-09 01:35 PM
    Desktop Manager 5 works fine on my netbook.
    11-17-09 09:37 PM
    I have a HP netbook to change settings go to display and change it. I have a problem with the tethering issue where it was there for five minutes then gone soon after. Can anyone help?
    11-21-09 11:33 PM
    I have a HP netbook to change settings go to display and change it. I have a problem with the tethering issue where it was there for five minutes then gone soon after. Can anyone help?
    "IT" was there for 5 minutes... Your BB was showing up on desktop manager for 5 minutes?
    Check the powersave settings on your USB ports. Odds are it "went to sleep", to save power, thus giving the illusion that the BB was no longer connected.
    11-22-09 04:34 AM
    i know its an old topic, i didnt want to open a new topic with the same title so. i just bought a Storm and i m having problems with the media manager in desktop manager. like 'smileshappy' said the resolution problem. when i click on media manager launch button it says change your display settings to min. 1024x758 but netbooks only support 1024x600. so how can i transfer for example the pictures i have taken to my netbook? since it gives me this error message?

and i cannot change my display settings like someone said above, max is 1024x600
    Last edited by streetsoul; 11-26-09 at 07:03 PM.
    11-26-09 05:50 PM
    if you're talking about INSTALLING it vs. running the program AFTER install, the solution is fairly simple. Many installation packagers require a minimum screen resolution or they wont allow you to install the software - even if the software you are installing doesn't care.

Connect the netbook to an external monitor, turn off the internal screen of the netbook (so the external will revert to it's higher resolution), do the installation, then disconnect the external monitor..

If the software is already installed, but checks for and requires a minimum screen resolution, then you'd have to keep the external monitor connected when you want to run that particular software.
    11-30-09 03:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD