Hi,

I just upgraded my computer to one running Vista and Office 2007. After many attempts I finally got the Desktop Manager to work but, on the synchronization options Outlook does not show up.

How can I get it to work?

On my old computer (XP, Office 2003) I never had a problem.

Thanks much !
    09-18-07 10:01 AM
    If you ever get an answer that you understand, let me know. I've got the same problem with a new laptop running Vista and Office 2007. I can't get an answer that works for me.
    09-18-07 10:17 AM
    Doc

I have spent countless hours with Tech support over at ATT and have not been able to get it to work. At least I can do everything else except interface with Outlook.

Last suggestion by ATT was a full reset of the Curve which I told them I was not going to do as I did not get a proper explanation why it was a problem with the handheld and not of the Desktop Manager and Outlook.

Solving this problem is crucial for me. I might have to switch back to an old computer if I can't get this to work soon.

I'll post here anything I find out that actually works......
    09-18-07 10:34 AM
    I just spent over 2 hours with Microsoft help. Allowed them remote access to my computer, they installed drivers, changed settings, ....

In the end they wrote that they cannot get it to work and suggest I try with Blackberry support....

I already tried that. No solution for now....

IDEAS
    09-18-07 06:25 PM
    I sense you have reach the point where I was at two weeks ago. With all the adddicts out there, no one has stood up. Not even a suggestion to get an iphone.
    09-18-07 07:07 PM
    Yep, I'm pretty ticked off with this. Blackberry says it should work...

What the heck are we missing????
    09-18-07 09:23 PM
    I don't know. I got a tip last night saying to delete DM completely from the computer. I haven't yet but I'm doubtful. I'm considering a 8320. Do you lile yours? Pin me if you have a chance.
    09-19-07 09:25 AM
    Deleted the DM and then re-installed it (many times over!) never worked. One thing to do is to delete the "intellisync" folder after you make any change to your config to let it install from scratch. (C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Intellisync)

The problem is not the phone (I think) its the DM software. I really like my Curve, its small, have not had problems with reception and battery life (so far) has been pretty good.
    09-19-07 09:36 AM
    Ok Doc,
    After many hours on the phone and chat with ATT I got transferred to RIM. After many hours with them IT WORKS!
    Heres what you need to do:
    1. Uninstall Desktop Manager
    2. Remove any references on your registry and on your C drive program files and users to:
    a. Blackberry
    b. Pumatech
    c. Research in Motion
    d. RIM
    e. Desktop Manager
    3. Disable the UAC (User Accounts) on Control Panel-Users
    4. Get a command prompt and type regsvr32 atl.dll (enter)
    5. Reboot
    6. Make sure that when you re-install you have absolutely no SpyBot, Virus, Spam guard or the like running.
    7. Reinstall Desktop Manager (version 4.2 SP2)
    8. If you get an Error 1904.Lotus Notes Ignore it
    9. After you do all this, it should work

Thanks much to John over at RIM !!!!

Let me know how you make out with this solution.
    09-19-07 04:33 PM
    Thank you!
    09-20-07 02:55 PM
    I am having the same problem, I have tried the above step by step but still have the same problem, no error messages just no sync, when I add in a calendar entry it does not sync to outlook and visa versa. It worked fine on xp running outlook 2003 however vista business and outlook 2007 not working.

Help! its the second laptop on a site that will not work
    09-21-09 10:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD