hi, I'm new here although i have visited this forum for advice before it is a great source of knowledge, im having an issue trying to use the phone as a modem, i've tried like **** to get it to work through the control panel and clicking on phone and modem ect... but i know the DM 5.0.1 has the option for the ip modem how ever when i try to connect i get an error, if i try to make a profile under connection settings it tells me "there was an error has occurred saving the current configuration" and it says it whether i use the preloaded profile "t-mobile USA" or make one of my own. The error i get when i click connect is "the configured connection profile information cannot be found please reconfigure your connection settings" any ideas will be greatly appreciated
    12-08-09 04:54 PM
    I have a problem:my 8520 bought from T -Mobile could not connect to the Destop Manager.I have tried 4.2 4.3 4.5 4.6 4.7 5.0
    But unluckly,no one worked.The problem became more serious that when I waked up this morning,I found a new button called"Search Messages" in "Download" and I am sure I had never downloaded and installed it.
    Here is the worst : I del the Task because I never use it. But when I restart it, it always let me install something but when I click the link,nothing happened.
    Oh,my friends.Could anybody help me??I was so anxious,and I could not sleep until I was so tired.
    By the way,the OS 5.0.0.411 For The BlackBerry Curve 8520 could not be downloaded.
    HELP!!! HELP!! HELP!!! HELP!! HELP!!! HELP!!
    12-08-09 11:49 PM
    If someone know how to do,please email me:SpartanBB8520@gmail.com
    Thanks!!!!!
    12-08-09 11:51 PM
    umm...yea....way to hijack my thread....
    12-09-09 06:31 AM
    Don't use desktop manager. I just use bluetooth. After pairing my phone there is a bluetooth modem associated with the phone. Just make a new DUN connection using windows and use "*99#" as the phone number to dial out (that tells the GSM system you want a data connection). You might also have to put in user id and password but almost all systems leave this blank for modem data connections from your phone.
    12-09-09 08:58 AM
    i dont have a bluetooth connection on my computer, im using an HP g60 235dx with vista home premium
    12-09-09 04:56 PM
    hi, I'm new here although i have visited this forum for advice before it is a great source of knowledge, im having an issue trying to use the phone as a modem, i've tried like **** to get it to work through the control panel and clicking on phone and modem ect... but i know the DM 5.0.1 has the option for the ip modem how ever when i try to connect i get an error, if i try to make a profile under connection settings it tells me "there was an error has occurred saving the current configuration" and it says it whether i use the preloaded profile "t-mobile USA" or make one of my own. The error i get when i click connect is "the configured connection profile information cannot be found please reconfigure your connection settings" any ideas will be greatly appreciated

Did you ever get this to work?

I have a T-Mobile BlackBerry 8900 running Win7 on my laptop and trying to tether using Desktop Manager.

I get the same thing as you.

I choose 'T-Mobile USA' as the connection I want to use, which is using epc.tmobile.com as the APN (which matches what is in my TCP/IP settings in the phone itself) and I get the error:

'An Error Has Occured Saving The Current Configuration'

And then I try connecting and DM says:

'The configured connection profile cannot be found.'

I've tried rebooting to no avail.

I am using USB as way of connectivity and it doesnt help that the guy above pretty much says 'screw USB, I use Bluetooth' because that's all well and good but my laptop doesnt have Bluetooth.

Any suggestions? Any one else have the same issue?
    01-05-10 03:16 PM
    I have the answer - this drove me nuts for months, installing and re-installing Desktop Manager. I knew this would work becuase I use it all the time on my laptop, but I also wanted to install it on another computer that I use sometimes and I kept getting the same errors reported here. The answer is simple, really. The problem is that RAS has stopped working and this service uses RAS to make the internet connection. Solve the problem by restarting RAS. You restart RAS as follows: Right click "My Computer", left click "Manage", left click "Services and Applications" in the left column, double left click "Services" in the right column, scroll down to "Remote Access Connection Manager Service". You will find it set as "Disable". Change the selection to "Enable" and then "Automatic" startup, then start the service. After the service has started (it should do so immediately), you can then restart Desktop Manager, select and save your connection configuration, then connect to the internet. It took me three minutes after I realized where the problem was. Good luck!
    04-21-10 01:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD