are you serious? I'm really ok with the .bbb? thank you thank you thank you. I have been so worried and upset over this thinking I may be left high and dry if I ever needed it. Thank you so much again
    04-04-12 05:55 PM
    Hi, i am trying to download the newest version of Magicberry as that seems the answer to my question (3.5) but unfortunately i keep getting this message:

'Not Found

The requested URL /MagicBerry.exe was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache Server at Mena Step Innovative Solutions - Magic Berry IPD Parser Port 80'

Can somebody help me?
    04-09-12 01:16 PM
    Hello,

Just try again the download was off for short period but working now
    http://www.menastep.com/MagicBerry.exe

Regards,
    04-11-12 02:02 PM
    Any word on how to convert the .BBB file to .IPD, now? BBB file generated by DM7 does not contain an IPD in the database directory.
    I downloaded the 7.0 update but still cannot open the bbb file. I followed someone else's suggestion and downloaded it to zip file but cannot open the database files. Suggestions?
    06-17-12 12:47 PM
    I downloaded the 7.0 update but still cannot open the bbb file. I followed someone else's suggestion and downloaded it to zip file but cannot open the database files. Suggestions?
    If it's grayed out, the entire backup is probably corrupt. Or is it that you can't find the backup?
    06-17-12 01:13 PM
    If it's grayed out, the entire backup is probably corrupt. Or is it that you can't find the backup?

I've exactly the same problem. BB Desktop Software 7.0.0.59 Released May 17, 2012 (Bundle 60).

I made a back-up and I tried to restore it but I get an information (The selected backup file might be corrupted.). Yesterday I made a backup and I got also that information. I can restore .ipd file (old backup) but can't .bbb file :/

What I should do? Download older version of BB Desktop Software?
    06-23-12 05:57 AM
    I've exactly the same problem. BB Desktop Software 7.0.0.59 Released May 17, 2012 (Bundle 60).

I made a back-up and I tried to restore it but I get an information (The selected backup file might be corrupted.). Yesterday I made a backup and I got also that information. I can restore .ipd file (old backup) but can't .bbb file :/

When it makes a backup, it should give you a message what's corrupt. Try doing a selective restore, only choosing the most needed parts, and that should get you past this problem.

You could also use BB Protect to restore just the critical databasesn so long as you use it.
    anon(4278898) likes this.
    06-23-12 06:34 AM
    I can backup/restore both .bbb and .ipd for my PB and BB curve 8520
    Using DM7.0
    06-23-12 08:54 AM
    When it makes a backup, it should give you a message what's corrupt. Try doing a selective restore, only choosing the most needed parts, and that should get you past this problem.

You could also use BB Protect to restore just the critical databasesn so long as you use it.
    Thanks for an answer but the problem is that I can choose anything I cant tick anything except for a date :/

I used BB Protect but I need to restore my settings (which BB Protect doesn't include) and I'd like to have working BB Desktop...

Any advise?
    06-24-12 06:50 AM
    Thanks for an answer but the problem is that I can choose anything I cant tick anything except for a date :/

I used BB Protect but I need to restore my settings (which BB Protect doesn't include) and I'd like to have working BB Desktop...

Any advise?
    If you can't select any backup at all, you have something horribly wrong with all backups, or a PC issue. Try doing an advanced backup, first trying something simple like text messages, then see if it will let you access it. Keep adding one module at a time, and hopefully you'll discover the issue.
    06-24-12 09:15 AM
    i always opened mt ipd file with abc amber. now abc amber does not open my .bbb backup file it say "unable to find ipd file" . i have read these post and try some of the suggestions - changing ti .zip does not wrk there is no ipd file there- magicberry does not wrk- blackberry extractor and pleasure solution s berry extract does not wrk either they are all looking for an ipd file. the only one i found that wrkd is phoneminer and it is not as detailed as abc amber for example in sms it just shows you the number not the name of the contact you txt..... does anyone have a proper and simple solution to open the .bbb on pc now?

06-24-12 09:31 PM
    if i install an older version of blackberry desktop software will it backup in ipd ?? if it will which version should i use??
    06-24-12 10:48 PM
    so im assuming it isnt worth while to upgrade right now because of this backup issue?
    06-26-12 02:24 PM

Yes, download DM version 5.01.29. It will create an .ipd backup.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    06-26-12 04:59 PM
    Yes, download DM version 5.01.29. It will create an .ipd backup.
    Ok, but how I can restore my .bbb backup? (I need it...)
    06-28-12 03:58 PM
    Did you wipe your phone? I hope not!

I mean, that an older version of DM will backup the info on the phone as of today, and then you restore with that same version using the current date .ipd file.
    06-28-12 08:06 PM
    I did :/ Because I change my SIM card (I went from UK to Poland for a summer) and I don't know why, always when I do it (change a SIM card) I get double contact and contact list, so I need made a backup, wipe the phone and restore everything except my contact and contact I download from my gmail account.

So I did exactly the same thing like always and when I was trying to restore my .bbb file I got the error :/

That's the problem, I've already lost the data. Is there anything else what u can advise me? Or I need to wait when there will be release version of DM which will allow me to restore backup from .bbb file without any errors?

But anyway, thanks for a help
    06-29-12 03:06 PM
    i uninstalled the BB desktop software ver7 and installed BB desktop software ver6 and my backups are now ipd files again.. problem solved. THANKS TO ALL FOR THE SUGGESTIONS . DONT STOP HELPING!
    06-30-12 01:17 PM
    With all the trouble they are in why have Blackberry caused so much trouble removing the IPD extension? I am still trying to resolve mine by uninstalling Desktop 7 but get continual error messages so it remains where it is. Quite frankly we are thinking of dumping our Blackberrys as SMS analysis each week is critical to our business. I have tried all the suggestions here MagicBerry, change to .zip etc. etc and NOTHING works. OS 7 on desktop with Windows 7.
    07-02-12 04:19 AM
    Ok. As a tech, several of my techs have been backing up blackberrys prior to a wipe. Problem is, I found they were .bbb files. I was unable to extract their address book. I tried everything here and found an solution by accident. I used a link above "Magic Berry" and let it open the .bbb file. I tested backing up the "Address Book" but it only allowed for one entry at a time. I noticed it sent my VCF file to "c:\documents and settings\<username>\local settings\temp\" or "%temp%"\MB_05132959. I went there to look and noticed a MB_05132959.ipd. I copied this to my Backup folder and voila. there was my beloved IPD file. Hope this helps!
    07-05-12 01:58 PM
    Where can you get Blackberry desktop 6 from?
    07-07-12 12:14 PM
    Where can you get Blackberry desktop 6 from?
    Archived RIM Desktop Software - BlackBerry Forums Support Community
    ISF likes this.
    07-08-12 01:26 AM
    I just did a back up with the latest DM 7.0.0.59 and then wiped and installed latest os, then when I went back to restore my back up, I get the "the back up may be corrupted". So none of my back ups are accessible. I had BB protect, but only from last Friday and none of my BBM contacts restored. Is there a way to retrieve the current back up? I looked for the temp file that was mentioned above and I don't have one.
    07-25-12 09:12 AM
    I changed the .bb file to .zip, extracted the files under 'database' and they are .dat files. How the heck do I open those?
    01-08-13 11:13 AM
    ok. this 100% solution.

1. open bbb with magicberry ( it will take a minute )
    2. after reading....save the file with ext .ipd
    3. open the ipd file with Elcomsoft Blackberry Backup Explorer Professional.

SALAM SATU JIWA. AREMA
    01-18-13 08:29 AM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD