I can't find a subcategory for BlackBerry Link. I have a mac running maverick OS. I can't seem to figure out how to get my contacts and calendar to sync.. when I check the contact and calendar app on the mac there's no changes made to correspond with my BlackBerry.

One was I figured out to get around this (with calendar anyway) is to set up my iCloud account in my BlackBerry. But then all future entries must be on my iCloud account. I can't get this to work with contacts tho..

How do I back up this stuff incase I wipe or loose my phone

Posted via CB10
    05-05-14 05:42 PM
    Moved to the desktop/Mac users' forum for better exposure.
    (Can't help personally.)
    05-05-14 06:05 PM
    Honestly the best way to do it is to create a Gmail for example and call it [email protected]. That's just an example of course, but sign into the same mail account on your mac and your contacts will synchronize. It won't matter if you add them on your blackberry or your imac running mavericks.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-14 06:09 PM
    I cloud contacts and calendar is flaky with BlackBerry. BlackBerry doesn't support groups, pictures and custom fields from iCloud. Mail works, but push email only works with receiving not deletes, reads etc... those are sync'd over an interval you can set on the account or you do a manual refresh from BlackBerry Hub.

BlackBerry Link is pretty much garbage on os x, backups are very slow, remote file access only works if you disable the os x firewall because they didn't do port mapping properly.

If you're used to ios be prepared for a lot of manual labor "it just works" doesn't apply to BlackBerry.

For contacts just open a Gmail, Outlook account. Or find a third party carddav service like I did.

Posted via my Q10
    05-05-14 06:25 PM
    Yeah that's kinda what I was thinking. I know apple "rebranded" their calendar and contacts to basically be iCloud clients. So that's probably the issue mainly. Wasn't really wanting to back them up with Google or Microsoft but it may be my best option it looks like..

I guess also, when it comes to notes and documents, I don't really want to use Evernote etc if I don't have to. During links backup process do documents and notes get backed up too if I restore my phone from the backup or will I loose all my notes

Posted via CB10
    05-05-14 07:06 PM