like many of you guys i was having troubles with pocketmac
    it was not syncing all of my contacts and lots of them where present in address book but it wont get synced
    so i found a really good solution for the problem

1- in address book click file>export>export vcard
    2- go to ur gmail and click on contacts (to the left) and then on import ( to the right) and browse to where you exported the vcard and import it
    3- on your crackberry browser go to m.google.com/sync and download google sync. click on sync now and your done.

by the way i only had my curve 8900 for 5 days and its my first BB and i really love it, im a newbie some maybe there better ways to do it, but this worked for me.
    03-05-09 01:09 AM
    Others have proposed using google sync for their contacts and iCal, but thanks for the info.
    03-05-09 11:40 AM
    I was having trouble with missing sync. It was failing on calendar but was getting my contacts done ok. Pocketmac had introduced literally hundreds of duplicates. Meanwhile, I tried google. I expored from ical and imported into google contacts. Simply importing I wound up with over 4000 contacts when I was attempting to import just over 2000. I finally had to use the shareware syncman to get my Mac address book contacts over to google without distortion.

The only thing that worked seamless through all this was mobile me. Even scheduleworld / funambol wasn't very smooth. I was happy when I finally got missing sync working yesterday evening. For now my plan is to sync via bluetooth with missing sync and allow changes to get pushed to mobile me from my Mac. I will let scheduleworld go. I will always replace gmail schedule and contacts. At least that's my approach for now. I may end up dropping my mobile me subscription in the coming months and that's why I'm keeping scheduleworld and google around for now.
    03-05-09 11:54 AM
    frankly the only thing i miss about my iphone and even Xperia is the syncing with address book. i really really hope RIM will address the issue or at least get vocals on it.
    03-05-09 01:57 PM
    Others have proposed using google sync for their contacts and iCal, but thanks for the info.
    I was thinking these same thoughts. I appreciate the OP's input- it works for him that way and may work for anyone else who chooses to use Google- many of us dont use it.
    03-07-09 09:08 AM
    I was having trouble with missing sync. It was failing on calendar but was getting my contacts done ok. Pocketmac had introduced literally hundreds of duplicates. Meanwhile, I tried google. I expored from ical and imported into google contacts. Simply importing I wound up with over 4000 contacts when I was attempting to import just over 2000. I finally had to use the shareware syncman to get my Mac address book contacts over to google without distortion.

The only thing that worked seamless through all this was mobile me. Even scheduleworld / funambol wasn't very smooth. I was happy when I finally got missing sync working yesterday evening. For now my plan is to sync via bluetooth with missing sync and allow changes to get pushed to mobile me from my Mac. I will let scheduleworld go. I will always replace gmail schedule and contacts. At least that's my approach for now. I may end up dropping my mobile me subscription in the coming months and that's why I'm keeping scheduleworld and google around for now.
    I've thought so many times of giving Missing Sync a chance, then I read one more horrifying post about it & I change my mind.
    03-07-09 09:10 AM
    like many of you guys i was having troubles with pocketmac
    it was not syncing all of my contacts and lots of them where present in address book but it wont get synced
    so i found a really good solution for the problem

1- in address book click file>export>export vcard
    2- go to ur gmail and click on contacts (to the left) and then on import ( to the right) and browse to where you exported the vcard and import it
    3- on your crackberry browser go to m.google.com/sync and download google sync. click on sync now and your done.

by the way i only had my curve 8900 for 5 days and its my first BB and i really love it, im a newbie some maybe there better ways to do it, but this worked for me.
    YES!!! It works. I was frustrated when PocketMac would sync my email addresses to my new Curve but left out phone and other info! This did it.

I would only add one step at the start: download AddressBook2CSVExporter from the Apple site. It converts your Address book to a CSV file so you can import it to gmail. It's free, slick, and fast. Then do just the last 2 steps as directed above and it works like a charm.

Thank you Crackberry. Thank you Deadsoul. Thank you Google. Shame on you Blackberry.
    03-09-09 11:27 AM
    YES!!! It works. I was frustrated when PocketMac would sync my email addresses to my new Curve but left out phone and other info! This did it.

I would only add one step at the start: download AddressBook2CSVExporter from the Apple site. It converts your Address book to a CSV file so you can import it to gmail. It's free, slick, and fast. Then do just the last 2 steps as directed above and it works like a charm.

Thank you Crackberry. Thank you Deadsoul. Thank you Google. Shame on you Blackberry.
    and this will override the contact list on your blackberry already? No duplicate entries? Thanks for the tip!

b
    03-09-09 01:57 PM
    Yep, no duplicates. I've even moved the AddressBooktoCSV app to my Mac toolbar so I can update between Address Book (easier on the laptop) and gmail, the sync the BB. Seems to be working.
    03-12-09 07:39 PM
    daggit! I was hoping this was something that would work for me. I soo don't trust contact syncs. I'll keep lookin
    03-12-09 07:42 PM
    daggit! I was hoping this was something that would work for me. I soo don't trust contact syncs. I'll keep lookin
    I'm just hoping for something to come out that doesn't require any more effort than it does for PC users.
    03-12-09 09:13 PM
    Well, there's GoogleSync, but it only works well if the BB is clean, and then you sync once. After that, if you make a change and sync it gets all screwy So, it's not that easy for us Windows based folks either.
    03-12-09 09:21 PM
    Well, there's GoogleSync, but it only works well if the BB is clean, and then you sync once. After that, if you make a change and sync it gets all screwy So, it's not that easy for us Windows based folks either.
    I was referring to the ease of use with DM.
    03-12-09 10:31 PM
    I use google to sync address book to mac and then google sync to sync google with my bb. It works great and both ways great except I get a couple of duplicates when I upgrade the OS and sync for the first time again but it's no big deal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by adhussain; 03-13-09 at 12:45 PM.
    03-13-09 12:39 PM
    Google sync caused it to duplicate my addy book every time it would sync.. end of the day i had 800 contacts...
    03-14-09 12:46 PM
    I dont have a duplicate issue, i did with older versions of googlesync but not anymore, except as stated before, I upgrade an OS in which case i get a couple of duplicates which i sort out manually.
    03-14-09 05:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD