I installed version 6 and like many I am having trouble with syncing 3rd party apps -specifically Companion Link software and Ascendo. I uninstalled version 6, and reinstalled version 5.01. The problem is that version 5.01 no longer recognizes 3rd party apps either (prior to my installing DM6 version 5.01 was working just fine). My assumption is that there are remnants of version 6 left somewhere in the registry that is messing up the sync process. I am running DM on a Windows XP machine. This issue seems to have been addressed in the Mac section of the forum, but not on a PC. Any advice will be appreciated.
    08-12-10 10:01 AM
    When you uninstall there is a prompt to remove all Blackberry settings from the computer. If you don't check this I think it leaves backup and sync information. If you do check it, it removes everything to the point that it was like you never had anything blackberry on the computer.

Since you had DM 6 installed, I would install it again over DM 5, then uninstall it and check to remove all blackberry settings. Then reinstall DM 5. Sounds like a pain, but it goes pretty quick.
    08-12-10 10:05 AM
    GReat suggestion! I will try that.
    08-12-10 12:50 PM
    I did try this suggestion but it still does not work. Companion Link is working on a fix, and apparently has many users with this problem. My guess is that even though the uninstall is run, there are still registry remnants laying around.
    08-12-10 02:54 PM
    Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the 3rd party apps with DM 5?
    08-12-10 03:32 PM
    No, but that's my next try. Thanks again. I will post if it works.
    08-12-10 09:41 PM
    Finally! In the Blackberry forum I finally found the answer! If you need to uninstall 6 and go back to DM 5.01 to sync add-ins you MUST also uninstall through add/remove a program called Blackberry Software Update that version 6 installs. This program does not automatically go away when you uninstall DM6. Finally, after hours of wasted time I got it. Thanks for your help.
    08-13-10 08:14 AM
    Now that you're back to DM 5 do you have Redirector as an option again - Windows Start>Programs>Blackberry>Redirector?
    08-22-10 11:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD