I still use BB Link 1.0 now because of this problem. Every time when I try to update or uninstall BB Link, it rolls back at final stage and Windows come back to me with "an error occurred during setup. The system hasn't been changed." I've searched on the Web but seems not too many people have such problem. This issue has made me hate BB Link even more. Anybody knows how to solve this issue?

Posted via CB10
    08-30-13 05:02 AM
    You could try finding the actual program file on your PC and deleting directly as opposed to uninstalling in the normal way.
    08-30-13 05:10 AM
    I wonder whether it's possible to delete all files, guess Link installed a hell lot files into different folders. But anyway, if I still can't figure it out, that might be the last play.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-13 07:37 PM
    Install Link again, restart your computer then to uninstall it use IOBit Uninstaller and use it to uninstall and do an advanced scan afterwards.
    08-30-13 07:41 PM
    Here's what I do for a clean install...

1...Uninstall whatever version you have.
    2...Reboot computer.
    3...Run Ccleaner, both cleaner and registry cleaner.
    4...Reboot computer.
    5...Install latest version.

Try it, you'll like it.
    08-31-13 09:24 AM
    every time I try to download link to update it (either within the installed Link software or by going directly to BlackBerry Link - BlackBerry 10 Smartphone to Computer Sync - US and trying to download the Windows version), it just times out.. Seems like their servers are down or something. The machines themselves are up according to isitup.org, but they don't respond to these download attempts.. Anyone else? I'm on Time Warner in Texas

btw the reason I wanted to update it is because for some reason I don't have the settings grouping anymore for specifying which folders on the PC are to be shared with the Z10.. It used to be there, when I used it weeks ago, but now it's just gone. wtf.
    09-02-13 04:23 PM
    Here's what I do for a clean install...

1...Uninstall whatever version you have.
    2...Reboot computer.
    3...Run Ccleaner, both cleaner and registry cleaner.
    4...Reboot computer.
    5...Install latest version.

Try it, you'll like it.
    Like I stated, the problem is I can't uninstall it.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 05:01 AM
    Like I stated, the problem is I can't uninstall it.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe you shouldn't of ignored my advice :3

The advanced scan compensates for not using the uninstaller
    09-05-13 01:29 PM
    I did it but it doesn't work. IOBit uninstaller uses standard uninstaller to uninstall Link. It failed as I would expect. Then I did a advanced scan thinking that I might be able to directly clear all related files, but after doing this, I still can't install Link. Now I'm totally stuck.
    Maybe you shouldn't of ignored my advice :3

The advanced scan compensates for not using the uninstaller
    09-09-13 06:19 AM
    It seems we r all having the same problems with this link, and there seems to be no solution. I'm very frustrated at this point.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-13 03:59 AM
    The same thing is happening to me...i just cant uninstall
    11-10-13 08:02 AM
    Problem finally solved by installing BlackBerry Link 1.2.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 01:08 AM
    Im also having this issue with Link and Windows 7...
    Can't update or uninstall BB Link-bblink-error.jpg
    Can someone pls advise how to solve this???
    11-15-13 11:38 AM
    I can't download the new version for Mac either... always stalls...
    Anyone have suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 04:10 PM
    Im also having this issue with Link and Windows 7...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BBLINK - ERROR.jpg 
Views:	454 
Size:	27.9 KB 
ID:	221077
    Can someone pls advise how to solve this???
    Has there been any further information on how to solve this? This fact that is issue is so pervasive, without resolution, is ridiculous. I'm getting the same error code 1316. Problem is now, it is affecting everything, not just BB Link. There is some kind of BB Link update trying to run in the background... and it is preventing installation or updates of any kind from being installed on my computer. I can't install most Windows updates because I keep getting errors about some installation that is already in progress. I've spent hours (probably close to 80) following every piece of advice I can find... and so far NOTHING works.

I cannot uninstall BB Link with standard Windows Installer or ioBit, both get same results.
    12-11-13 02:51 PM
    Is there no update yet on how to resolve this issue. It is absolutely ridiculous and unacceptable that BB and let this problem lanquish!!
    12-17-13 03:23 AM
    Yes I'm having the same problem too!! Very frustrating...

Posted via CB10
    Anna_ViKing likes this.
    12-19-13 02:41 AM
    Disable the anti virus

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 02:59 AM
    Has nothing to do with Antivirus.. believe me...its not that simple!

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 10:09 AM
    If it were me I would uninstall manually but this would require working with the registry which if you are not happy to do, DONT GO THERE.
    If you went down this route remember to backup any saved material to a removable drive, "and then physically remove the drive" as you will need to delete all found "Blackberry" keys. Then run a good quality registry cleaner to mop up any remnants.
    With all files removed the system will/should allow for reinstallation of the latest link program.

Maybe retry the instructions given by Djlatino before trying above process, reinstall the version that wont uninstall in case there are some corrupted files. Which may then install.

You do not say which OS you are running on your PC. Is it as up to date as possible etc
    12-19-13 01:53 PM
    go to uninstall or change program / press on black berry link / choose repair / check the create desktop shortcut / find the shortcut / right click and press open file location / delete and uninstall
    02-01-14 02:22 AM
    It's a screwy solution, but here it is. The problem is the BlackBerry Link.msi Windows Installer File. When you upgrade to a new version of BlackBerry Link, for some reason, it rejects the BlackBerry Link.msi file. All you need to do is extract the files from the previous downloaded BlackBerry Link package (in this case, 1.0), hunt down the BlackBerry Link.msi file, and point the installation process to that file. I prefer to send the BlackBerry Link.msi to c:\program files(x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Link. Just makes it easier to find every time. Don't know exactly why that works, but it does. This allows you to click on the newly downloaded package of BlackBerry Link and either repair or remove BlackBerry Link (remove just to be on the safe side) . In the future, if it happens again, repeat the process (save a copy of the downloaded package). That's less of a headache than a full restore any day of the week!
    Last edited by nerdydaddyo; 04-18-14 at 03:24 PM.
    04-18-14 03:07 PM
    It's a screwy solution, but here it is. The problem is the BlackBerry Link.msi Windows Installer File. When you upgrade to a new version of BlackBerry Link, for some reason, it rejects the BlackBerry Link.msi file. All you need to do is extract the files from the previous downloaded BlackBerry Link package (in this case, 1.0), hunt down the BlackBerry Link.msi file, and point the installation process to that file. I prefer to send the BlackBerry Link.msi to c:\program files(x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Link. Just makes it easier to find every time. Don't know exactly why that works, but it does. This allows you to click on the newly downloaded package of BlackBerry Link and either repair or remove BlackBerry Link (remove just to be on the safe side) . In the future, if it happens again, repeat the process (save a copy of the downloaded package). That's less of a headache than a full restore any day of the week!
    Can you talk us through this with a bit more detail, for example "point the installation process to that file" what do you mean??
    Thanks
    04-18-14 04:27 PM
    Point the installation process to the file: when the installation halts, it complains about not finding BlackBerry Link.msi which is located in some offbeat temp folder. Your job is to use Browse and set it to look in c:\program files (x86)\Research In Motion \BlackBerry Link\ which you will first manually navigate to separately and place the BlackBerry Link.msi from your previous installation in (previous meaning the version you already have installed that you are trying to upgrade) . So you are placing the file in that location first, and then redirecting the halted installation process to that file. Then click OK. After it reaches the end, you may get an error code; ignore it. Click on the newly downloaded installation package (the self - extracting file in its original state) and it will take you through the motions of installation. However, this time, it will get to a point where it asks if you want to repair or remove the existing installation. My advice is remove it. Once it's removed, reboot, then click on the newly downloaded self - extractor yet again. This time you will get a flawless, uninterrupted installation.

I used my almighty Z30 to create this CrackBerry madness!
    04-19-14 09:53 AM
    I have a similar problem in that every time I try to reload Blackberry Link I get this:
    Can't update or uninstall BB Link-bbl-err.png

I've try to uninstall and get the same issue with Blackberry Link.msi missing.

Having manually deleted the RIM folders in directory, run CCleaner and cleaned registry. Still had the same fault..

In the end ran Regedit.exe, manually found all entries to Blackberry Link and deleted them. Rebooted and update loaded..

Long way about
    Last edited by David Ho2; 05-30-14 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Found Fix
    05-29-14 04:23 PM
40 12