Hi folks,

I am fairly computer saavy but one of my clients has been having a tough time getting Desktop Manager to work on his PC. Basically he can't uninstall the 5.01 software without the original installation CD. Since it's been half a decade since I last touched a computer with XP on it, I can't recall this happening to me before. He has had tech support connect to his PC using remote login and they cannot uninstall this program. At this point, anything less than a computer programmer going into the registry and deleting a bunch of stuff will not work (AFAIK). So I decided I will download the 5.01 software from CNET and burn it to a CD, that should work right? My question is, do I copy the .exe onto the disk, or install the software on my computer first and then copy the contents of the RIM folder in program files, onto the CD?

Thanks!
    04-08-13 10:43 AM
    Well you could try just reinstalling it from the file and then seeing if add remove programs will uninstall it. If not you can download ccleaner and run it, both file and registry cleaners, save the reg (it will ask) and delete it from the list of installed apps with ccleaner.
    04-08-13 11:03 AM
    Thanks for the quick reply!

If ccleaner doesn't work, should I try the paid version? Or should I just get the paid version from the outset? I don't mind dropping money on a useful program I will utilize again in the future. I build and work on PC's quite a bit in my spare time.
    04-08-13 12:44 PM
    The free version should work.

Edit: I am the guy everyone comes to fix their computer problems. I use ccleaner a lot to clear out crap files and caches. Sometimes I've had to run the reg cleaner and haven't had any issues from doing it. It a nice program for these purposes.
    04-08-13 12:47 PM
    Do you know how I can burn the program to a disk so that it will look identical to the Desktop Software discs that used to come in the BlackBerry box? If the ccleaner doesn't work the only other option is trying to get Add/Remove Programs to find the files needed to repair/uninstall the program. Obviously burning the .exe to a disc won't work, and I'm not to sure if copying the contents of the RIM folder from Program Files will work either. Would burning an .iso image of the .exe work? Or is that basically the same as burning the .exe?

Thanks again!
    04-09-13 10:20 AM
    The only way to do that would be to get the iso file already made from BBRY or wherever. I'm not sure why xp thinks it needs the cd to remove it. You could also try just making a new user account and seeing if that gets you anywhere.
    04-09-13 10:33 AM
    Do you happen to know how to remove a corrupt calendar entry from a BlackBerry 9900?

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...9900-a-792629/

Thanks
    04-09-13 11:09 AM
    No I don't sorry. I'm sure someone else will help you with that one.
    04-09-13 11:26 AM