Hello, I have a Verizon 8703e and am running DM 4.2 SP1 on Windows Vista. I was successfully sync'ing with DM via Bluetooth for quite some time, until recently. I made sure the desktop and the device were successfully paired. When I went to the Bluetooth Configuration inside DM to re-add my device, I receive the error message "Blackberry Device Manager is unable to locate any Bluetooth devices that support Blackberry Bluetooth desktop services. Please verify that your device has been properly configured and click Search Again." My desktop can see my BB via Bluetooth, but DM cannot.

The changes I have made recently are: 1) I installed the latest device patch 4.1.0.377 from Verizon, but the bluetooth sync was working after that, 2) I installed a couple of apps on the 8703e to test: Idokorro Mobile Desktop and WebMessenger Message Alerts. These are the only things I can think of that could have effected the BT sync'ing. I even uninstalled the apps, but not the patch, and tested, but to no avail. Does anyone have any ideas?
    06-06-07 03:18 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.com! Enjoy your stay...

There are a few issues with Windows Vista / Desktop Manager. I don't have a Vista system at present to test it. But, am 100% sure a few other people will be along shortly to answer your question(s)...
    06-06-07 06:30 PM
    What are the pros & cons of synching with Bluetooth vs the USB cable?
    Is the ONLY advantage "not having to plug it in"??
    07-09-07 11:34 PM
    Has a solution been found to this problem, please?

I too receive the reported message even though my Pearl is perfectly synched with desktop PC and I can happily transfer files back and forth between both using normal "send" and "receive" options outside the Blackberry Desktop Manager.

Many thanks.
    08-20-07 09:43 AM
    Does anyone know how to get it to work with windows XP.
    08-31-07 12:36 PM
    I'm having the same exact issues with XP. I've followed the steps to properly set-up the drivers and now my phone is connected via bluetooth to my PC and bluetooth is no longer greyed out in the DM.

However I'm getting the error: "BlackBerry Device Manager is unable to locate any Bluetooth devices..."

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    11-29-07 02:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD