Hi everyone. first off, i'm fairly new to the site, and i love it! there's a wealth of info here that has been really helpful.

I just got a new 9700, and love it so far, with one exception. It seems that I can't connect it to my desktop via bluetooth!

i have this USB dongle plugged into my computer. it paired just fine with my old curve, and i could sync my phone and use it over the computer's speakers etc with no problems.

but now, when i try to connect my 9700, it just wont go through! the windows bluetooth software finds the phone, attempts to connect and authenticate with it, but ultimately fails. i never get the screen on my phone asking for the passkey or anything. i have tried putting the phone in listen mode, or trying to connect to the computer through the phone with no success.

does anyone have any ideas about what may be wrong?

thanks!
    03-23-10 01:54 PM
    i was able to connect it to my friend's macbook with no problems...so it must be something with the computer. i just can't figure it out, though!
    03-23-10 02:01 PM
    my friends iphone can't connect to it either...any ideas?
    03-24-10 03:06 PM
    Is the dongle broken?
    03-24-10 03:29 PM
    I had issues getting my BB and Win7 to play together until I stumbled across this article. Now I have no problems.....maybe this or a similar approach will work for you.

How to fix Bluetooth peripheral missing driver for BlackBerry in Windows 7
    03-24-10 03:50 PM
    thanks for your help, guys. i uninstalled everything and reinstalled the stock software for bluetooth instead of Iogear's software. now the 9700 will connect and sync, but i still have errors in the device manager for a "USB Human Interface Device" and "Bluetooth Hands-Free Audio".

i'm downloading broadcom's software to see if that helps anything... i'll keep you posted.
    03-30-10 01:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD