I downloaded and installed .151. I tried to do ShrinkOS and despite me removing several things off the OS it tells me the start size is 66.1MB and the final size is also 66.1MB. Then I try to update my phone and it just reinstalls .148. When I look in Desktop Manager is says only .148 available...

Any idea why it can't see to find .151?
    07-19-09 12:35 PM
    Found it. I think.
    07-19-09 12:38 PM
    Found it. I think.
    Sooooo you get her done then??
    07-19-09 12:54 PM
    Dit you get everything worked out? Always a good idea to remove all previous OS's from your computer before installing a new OS and loading onto device.
    07-19-09 12:55 PM
    Yeah I still haven't gotten it. I uninstalled all previous OS's and deleted the vendor file (not sure if that was a good idea).
    07-19-09 01:00 PM
    Yeah I still haven't gotten it. I uninstalled all previous OS's and deleted the vendor file (not sure if that was a good idea).
    So this may sound dumb, and I guess it maybe is, but did you fully install the OS onto your computer? Downloaded it then actually ran the install? I say this because I downloaded an OS and forgot to actually install it, it will still show up in common files, and will be recognized by SAOS. I felt dumb after, but anywho, if thats not the case you may want to just start over from scratch and redownload .151 and then re-install onto your computer then run SAOS.

Also make sure you always are running SAOS as admin
    07-19-09 01:06 PM
    Dont feel bad about it. I have flashed my Berries dozens of times and never had issue. But reinstalling this .151 on my Storm proved to be my Achillies heel. No matter what I did it would not see the 151 os the same as what you are describing. And I kept removing and reinstalling the OS and the DM in confusion just grasping for straws by the end. Check this thread I am posting and ask CrackBurglar for help ( in the thread or by PM ). So far he has been able to get it done for everybody that has asked.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/15...people-271067/

or

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/cr...erhero-271183/
    Last edited by GrandMasterB; 07-19-09 at 01:09 PM.
    07-19-09 01:07 PM
    I ended up downloading the lyricidal hybrid and it is installing now... I ran the zip file as an administration, maybe that is what did it.
    07-19-09 01:10 PM
    2 keys I've noticed to make it work...

1) install shrink-a-os into the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9530-v4.7.0.151_P4.0.0.186 and run shrink-a-os from there.

2) once your options are picked and you've shrunk, exit shrink-a-os. Run loader.exe from, C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader directory.

It's worked for me almost every time.
    07-19-09 01:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD