Last weekend I had my phone (8330) dropped into a pool and it died. I was able to turn it back on the next day somehow and backed up all my files. I have a different blackberry 8330 now and when I went to sync it up it transferred almost all my files except my address book and some minor things. The BBDM is detecting that the backup file has my 260 addresses but it wont give them up. So, you can see this is very VERY frustrating. I believe that the different 8330 I'm using now might have an older operating system than my other one but I don't see that being a problem and I already switched the pin so the BBDM knows what its connected to.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, somebody help me. This is driving me nuts and verizon is a bunch of idiots and they haven't done anything to help me. I need my contacts back
    08-01-09 06:11 PM
    Get ABC Amber BlackBerry Convertor. It has a free trial and will let you read your backup data base and recover your information.
    08-01-09 07:05 PM
    Jeff H, If I ever see you in person I will personally buy u a full dinner and a drink. You are a life saver.

Thank you soooo much
    08-01-09 07:54 PM
    You can't retrieve your contacts because you probably had 4.5 on the device you drowned and 4.3 on the new device. I don't know why that is but you can't load contacts back to 4.3 from 4.5, load 4.5 and you should be able to restore contacts.
    08-01-09 08:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD