Good to know. Thanks, Shane. I really just need it to back up my calendar, contacts, and extensive notes for the work I do. Evernote doesn't work for me on my Z10. I'll look into your suggestion though.

But I noticed last night that I'm also having trouble connecting to my vehicle via Bluetooth. Is this another problem related to the update that others are having?
    Last edited by DoctorMuffn; 04-09-17 at 03:45 AM. Reason: Bluetooth issue
    04-09-17 03:42 AM
    Calendar, contacts, and BlackBerry Remember are backed up in Ultimate Backup.

Not sure about Bluetooth.

Shane.
    DoctorMuffn likes this.
    04-09-17 09:10 PM
    Maybe someone will take a look at the errors in the Windows Event Log, or the BlackBerry Link log file, to find the cause.

Shane.
    DoctorMuffn likes this.
    04-13-17 11:30 PM
    I have been totally unable to backup ever since my BB Classic updated to 10.3.3.2163, but I remained able to sync calendar and contacts.

Today, however, I got the Windows 'Creators' Update (as I think they call it) and BB Link doesn't even recognise my phone at all when connected by USB.
    04-14-17 06:42 AM
    OK, yet again uninstalling Link and reinstalling it gets me back to where I was.

So that's still not able to back up, but at least I can sync my calendar and contacts again.

Also, it still seems to suffer from the other minor problem that's been there since the phone update, ie it amends all the contacts most times, even though few (or even none) of them have changed since the previous time.

Roll on Android.
    04-14-17 08:36 AM
    So after reading a ton of posts, am I understanding it correctly that I am NOT able to back up my Q10 with Blackberry Link anymore on Windows 10?

How am i supposed to back it up? All I care about are my contacts and my text messages, that's it.

Thanks
    04-24-17 02:27 AM
    See post #25.

Shane.
    04-24-17 02:39 AM
    Wrt to PassPort & PassPort SE Link recognition \ backup issues, this may help: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1108788

Posted via CB10
    05-18-17 08:08 AM
    Hey Shane, thanks for the lookout with letting us know about Ultimate Backup; will try it if BlackBerry Link fails completely.

Secondly, I have been having problems backing up and restoring for months--up until just now. All of a sudden, after buying a new Q10, I used the cord that came with the new Q10, and all of a sudden, BlackBerry Link backed up my old phone's data!

Today, I then connected both my old Q10 and new Q10 in an attempt to restore the recently backed up data on the new phone, and it actually worked; I have no real explanation as to why. Perhaps it really is a matter of the cord as sonmort said in the previous post.

However, after the restore successfully completed, I left the cords in my computer in the same way just to try restore again (for the sake of reproducing the same effect), and Link is back to staying on the "Loading the restore content" screen. I truly don't understand it. Anyway, I am using a Windows 8 PC with a 10.3.3.1463 Q10.
    05-28-17 07:31 PM
    Hey Shane, thanks for the lookout with letting us know about Ultimate Backup; will try it if BlackBerry Link fails completely.

Secondly, I have been having problems backing up and restoring for months--up until just now. All of a sudden, after buying a new Q10, I used the cord that came with the new Q10, and all of a sudden, BlackBerry Link backed up my old phone's data!

Today, I then connected both my old Q10 and new Q10 in an attempt to restore the recently backed up data on the new phone, and it actually worked; I have no real explanation as to why. Perhaps it really is a matter of the cord as sonmort said in the previous post.

However, after the restore successfully completed, I left the cords in my computer in the same way just to try restore again (for the sake of reproducing the same effect), and Link is back to staying on the "Loading the restore content" screen. I truly don't understand it. Anyway, I am using a Windows 8 PC with a 10.3.3.1463 Q10.
    I confirm that changing the cable worked for me as well.
    https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post12978380
    08-02-17 05:11 AM
    I have tried to uninstall Link and delete manually in Explorer all instances of Blackberry.
    BB Classic running 10.3.3.1464. Configured Link to run device to Computer only.
    Reinstall clean Link. Link loads OK. If I try a backup the USB connection goes wonky repeatedly connecting and disconnecting, Driver shows Volumes mounted , then dismounted, back and forth. Backup fails. USB Mass Storage Mode works fine. It is turned of when I try to use Link. Sync to Outlook 2016 starts normally, then drops USB Volumes in the BB Device Manager Properties. Link however shows device connected and continues "Gettting status info from Outlook Contacts", " Preparing Sync Preview", "Converting Blackberry Address Book Data","Updating Outlook Contacts Data", "Syncing your contacts and calendar appointments. Do not disconnect your device" This last one takes an hour ... Even before completing, the one way calendar and contacts appear in Outlook, hence are working.Finally sync successful, 2389 contacts.Then says cannot communicate with device ... Remove USB, lock device data screen , device reconnects, despite showing USB volumes not mounted in driver manager. No Connection. Disconnect USB cable. Remove the device association in Link. Plug in the USB, select "One time association" in Link. Volumes are now showing mounted. Link shows colored memory status of the device. Try Quick backup. "Computing backup data"(3h10), "Preparing to backup" (3h11)" backing up System Applications data -1%" (3h13) , 0kB BB file and DTMP file shows up in Windows file manager 6MB and climbing.."...-20%"( 3h17). USB detaches loses contact #!$%!!, try again (3h20) 3h21 USB goes wonky , connecting and disconnecting.... May try a Link reinstal without Blend...
    08-12-17 02:22 PM
    see previous post, reinstalled Link without Blend as per How to install BlackBerry Link without installing BlackBerry Blend using silent install, .... didnt work, USB connection with Link is still wonky, continually connects and drops connection. The issue is not related to a bad USB cable or the device USB connectors since when I put the device in USB Mass Storage Mode the file read/writes work fine in both directions. I do however get a constant popup warning on the device that it is connected to the computer and that I can only access the media card. None of this helps to make Link work, but it points to Link as the culprit, not the USB hardware or driver.
    08-12-17 02:55 PM
    A SOLUTION!!
    ==========
    My faithful z10 died two weeks ago and despite all my efforts I've been unable to revive it. Gone are all my contacts, data, everything. However, I have backup files - those dreaded BBB that people here are having so much trouble with. I bought a second hand z10 and I've spent the last 10 days desperately trying to recover it from my backup - to no avail. Until today. I've trawled the internet and crackberry forums and tried everything suggested here and elsewhere. None of it worked

Solution:
    ---------
    Blackberry link was stuck on "loading the restore content" screen, it would sit for hours (overnight) and nothing.
    The problem is that there are too many BBB files in the backup folder and Link seems to be trying to analyse all of them, and just can't cope. Each BBB is about 5GB in size.
    So my solution was simply to copy the BBB file I wanted to recover data from into it's own, new, folder, with absolutely nothing else in there.
    In BB Link when you select restore, navigate to the folder containing the ONE file you want to restore from, and WOW! It found it straight away and started the restore. Success after all this time!

One thing that I'm not sure if it matters or not - as suggested previously, I've used an autoloader to reloaded the z10 with the same OS as the z10 had when the BBB was created. I got the OS version number from the xml file in the BBB archive. Use 7zip to open the BBB file and extract the xml, then use a text editor to read it.

Hope this helps anyone else out there who is unlucky enough to be in the same position I have been.

Sledge.
    10-01-18 09:33 AM
38 12