Hi guys,

I am having this ongoing issue while trying to BACKUP my BB 9810 (torch 2) to my Mac. I am using the latest version, 2.3.1 (build 5) and I keep getting the same error.

I tried to remove the social feed option by manually selecting the other options... but to no avail.

Has anyone experienced this or should I contact RIM for more support?

Thank you.

D.
    Last edited by Deeds8900; 06-11-12 at 04:30 PM.
    tinear2 likes this.
    06-11-12 04:27 PM
    You should call Rogers at 1-866-931-3282 (toll-free) so they can create a case for you and transfer you to BlackBerry Technical Support, they will need the logs generated by Desktop Software for review and come up with an answer
    06-12-12 04:23 PM
    Open BlackBerry Desktop Software for Mac and click on the BlackBerry Desktop Software option at the top left corner next to the apple icon.
    Select Preferences.
    Change the location of the backup or use the Reset button to change the location to the Documents folder of the current user account.
    Retry the Backup
    06-12-12 04:25 PM
    Open BlackBerry Desktop Software for Mac and click on the BlackBerry Desktop Software option at the top left corner next to the apple icon.
    Select Preferences.
    Change the location of the backup or use the Reset button to change the location to the Documents folder of the current user account.
    Retry the Backup
    THIS! Thanks a lot! It all makes sense now, there are 2 users on this mac with almost the same names (mine that is).

Thank you VERY MUCH. PROBLEM SOLVED.
    06-13-12 06:35 PM
    Glad to hear it worked!
    Although I don't know much about Mac!
    Have a good one
    06-14-12 08:07 AM
    Hi all - have been having the same problem as the original poster, and have tried the fix proposed (only change is I'm the only account holder on my Mac). I'm still getting the same error message. Any more ideas...?
    06-21-12 11:57 PM
    I have the same Problem....RIM you make me so mad sometimes... A business tablet that can't even do a backup Help anyone?
    10-13-12 07:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD