Forgive me if this topic has already been posted, but I did a search and couldn't seem to find anything.

I purchased a couple of themes right here on crackberry and have my Desktop Manager open trying to add the .alx file to my applications. I keep getting an error message for each file:

No additional applications designed for your device were found.

I verified that these were for my OS (4.3) and NONE of them are able to be added.

Help?
    08-09-09 01:33 PM
    Join the club buddy
    08-09-09 05:01 PM
    Well I was going to suggest an os update but I wouldn't want the themes to not work with the new os

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-09 06:02 PM
    I actually upgraded to 4.5 today and they still won't add.
    08-09-09 06:08 PM
    i have never been able to use the DM to add themes to my BB for the same reason.
    I just found a theme i liked (that i downloaded OTA) and have never had to resolve the issue.
    good luck tho.
    08-10-09 12:54 PM
    Forgive me if this topic has already been posted, but I did a search and couldn't seem to find anything.

I purchased a couple of themes right here on crackberry and have my Desktop Manager open trying to add the .alx file to my applications. I keep getting an error message for each file:

No additional applications designed for your device were found.

I verified that these were for my OS (4.3) and NONE of them are able to be added.

Help?
    The error message means you do not have the correct combination of software installed to support the BlackBerry you are trying to update.

That occurs when there is no valid BlackBerry Device OS Software. Check it under Windows / Control Panel / Programs. You should have both BlackBerry Desktop Software and BlackBerry Device OS software that correctly matches your device.

I note that you are using the older v4.3 Desktop software. BlackBerry does recommend you upgrade that the current version.

Here is a link to the most current 8120 v4.5xx Software. Themes and applications are generally upward compatible.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/new...-162-a-264086/

08-10-09 01:05 PM
    The error message means you do not have the correct combination of software installed to support the BlackBerry you are trying to update.

That occurs when there is no valid BlackBerry Device OS Software. Check it under Windows / Control Panel / Programs. You should have both BlackBerry Desktop Software and BlackBerry Device OS software that correctly matches your device.

I note that you are using the older v4.3 Desktop software. BlackBerry does recommend you upgrade that the current version.

Here is a link to the most current 8120 v4.5xx Software. Themes and applications are generally upward compatible.

I do have both programs installed, and I upgraded to 4.5 yesterday. Still no go.

I did find a couple of OTA themes that I liked, but I spent money on a .alx file that I can't use. That's the frustrating part.
    08-10-09 01:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD