Although I have upgraded my BB's OS to 5.0.0.442 in the past, I just downloaded 714 from T-Mobile, as well as 743 from Rogers, but I cannot upgrade. Here is what is happening:

1) After deleting the vendor.xml file from the
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
    directory, I run LOADER.EXE, go through the screens, but I am only prompted to update my purchased/installed applications. A list of OS files is not shown.

2) If I use the UPDATE SOFTWARE option from the LOADER within DESKTOP MANAGER, I am prompted to install version 602 (I guess the DM finds it online) and version 714 is not shown.

I have deleted/uninstalled all other OS versions from my PC with the exception of 714. What am I missing?
    07-14-10 06:53 PM
    Did you try bbsak? If not, download bbsak and try to upgrade the OS using bbsak. Make sure you backup the device prior to the upgrade.

Note: try disabling the internet connection on pc, if the problem persists.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-10 07:26 AM
    Did you try bbsak? If not, download bbsak and try to upgrade the OS using bbsak. Make sure you backup the device prior to the upgrade.

Note: try disabling the internet connection on pc, if the problem persists.

True . . +1 For me. BBSAK or CrackMem will do it
    07-21-10 08:25 AM
    Looks like I am getting somewhere with this! Had a little problem with 1.7, but got it to work. I can see 714 now. I hear 743 has issues with the AT&T version. I just need to confirm that all is well with 714 and AT&T (visual voice mail, etc.).

Thanks for the help!
    07-21-10 10:00 AM
    I can't help you with this one since I'm not on AT&T

07-22-10 08:40 AM
    Thank you. The first attempt failed rendering the BB useless. The second time I managed to install 714 with the help of BBSAK.

When I uninstall all OS from the PC, shouldn't the:
    be empty? It still has files in that directory.
    07-22-10 09:14 AM
    Thank you. The first attempt failed rendering the BB useless. The second time I managed to install 714 with the help of BBSAK.

When I uninstall all OS from the PC, shouldn't the:
    be empty?
    It still has files in that directory.
    No, it should not be empty. Installing an OS doesn't mean that the files are moved from the AppLoader folder to your BB.
    07-22-10 04:48 PM
    No, it should not be empty. Installing an OS doesn't mean that the files are moved from the AppLoader folder to your BB.
    No, I meant when I uninstall all OS from my PC (not the BB) in preparation of installing the latest one, the AppLoader folder still has files. Which bring up my next related question: if you install more than one OS on the PC, does the latest overwrite the previous one on the same AppLoader directory, or do they get loaded in different folders?
    07-22-10 05:08 PM
    No, I meant when I uninstall all OS from my PC (not the BB) in preparation of installing the latest one, the AppLoader folder still has files. Which bring up my next related question: if you install more than one OS on the PC, does the latest overwrite the previous one on the same AppLoader directory, or do they get loaded in different folders?
    Usually when I want to install a new OS on my PC, first thing I do is uninstalling the Previous one. Then, I delete the AppLoader Folder ( where Vendor is located at ).

I've read posts here saying that it does not matter if you have more than one OS installed on your PC, because they sort of get sorted somehow. However, I uninstall the old OS, delete the AppLoader Folder and install the new one just to make sure nothing gets screwed up.

The answer to your first question, however, is : No, the folders and files won't be deleted if you uninstalled the OS from your PC.
    07-23-10 06:22 AM
    Thank you for the information. I will follow your advise on the next install.
    07-23-10 07:14 AM
    Thank you for the information. I will follow your advise on the next install.
    You're Welcome mate ;D
    07-23-10 05:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD