I have tried to download Desktop Manager on my laptop running Windows 7. It gets to the point where it asks me for my language and then it freezes. I have tried turning off my firewall and it doesn't help. Any ideas what is going on? I have had to reboot my PC twice to kill it..
    06-27-10 07:56 PM
    I am afraid I don't have a fix for you, but I just purchased a new computer with Windows 7 and had no problem installing BB Desktop Manager. Maybe try downloading from Blackberry website if currently trying to download from CD??
    BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop Software - BlackBerry Software at BlackBerry.com

Good Luck!
    06-27-10 08:13 PM
    That's where I downloaded it.. I can save 501_b073_multilanguage.exe to my PC - it runs and it asks for my language - brings up Setup - but then it just kinda hangs..
    06-27-10 08:59 PM
    Have you tried running as an Administrator?

I would also suggest downloading and installing the latest version of Desktop Manager without Media Manager.

Media Manager made my PC run slow. It was a PITA to uninstall, but once I did, I installed Desktop Manager without it.

I am running Windows 7 64-bit.
    06-27-10 09:05 PM
    I will try that.. I was able to install the software on my desktop.. which is running Vista.. but maybe Windows 7 has a problem with the full blown version.
    06-27-10 09:31 PM
    I will try that.. I was able to install the software on my desktop.. which is running Vista.. but maybe Windows 7 has a problem with the full blown version.
    I had a problem with the Desktop Manager with Media Manager when I was running Vista. When I switched to Windows 7 (which I did a clean install), I installed Desktop Manager without Media Manager. I wasn't going to deal with it, or try to deal with it again.

This is an old thread, but if you do a forum search, you'll see lots of issues with Roxio Media Manager.
    06-27-10 09:38 PM
    Thank you! DM without Media Manager worked. What have I lost without Roxio?
    06-30-10 04:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD