I have been working with Tech support for 2 days now trying to get Desktop Manager working.
    I have Windows 7 Prof. BB Curve 8330
    When i try to sync. an error message pops up and says that i need to be connected to the internet.
    I have reinstalled the DM, i have the recom. version of the OS on my BB
    I could sync yesterday but was having a problem with the media manager and so we reinstalled the DM (same version) to fix the media manager problem (which it did) but then when i tried to sync or even set up the sync config. it pops up and says to retry when i am connected to the internet! Hello! i am, i just used it to download the DM. Also, i am running Microsoft security essentials and i even removed the whole program temporarily to ensure that it wasn't a firewall issue.
    HELP!
    06-02-10 08:00 AM
    First try.... connect the PC to the Internet..

Second option... DM might be trying to use the Internet to seek for updates.. You can try uninstalling DM and when reinstalling make sure to uncheck the "Check for Updates" option.

In spite of all this, DM should not stop synch because of not having access to the Internet.

Third option, uninstall DM, download a registry cleaner softare (such as CCleaner), clean registry, reboot, reinstall DM.... give it a try!!

Good luck!
    06-02-10 09:29 AM
    Thanks for the info, however, i tried these options and still no luck.
    06-02-10 08:53 PM
    Resolution
    1. Clear the SSL state in Windows Internet Explorer by going into Tools > Internet Options > Content Tab and clicking Clear SSL state.
    2. Go to Windows Internet Explorer > Tools > Internet Options > Advanced Tab > Security, deselect Check for server certificate revocation and Check for publisher's certificate revocation.
    3. Restart the computer.
    After restarting, synchronization should be successful, and Windows Internet Explorer settings can be reverted to their previous state.
    07-07-10 07:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD