Can I sync my g mail contacts with my blackberry via desktop manager?
    08-18-10 08:50 PM
    Can I sync my g mail contacts with my blackberry via desktop manager?
    if the end result is trying to transfer them to your bb, check out google sync. it 2 way syncs gmail contacts and google calendar.

personally i use thunderbird with 2 extensions, google calendar and zindus, to sync my calendar and contacts with gmail. couple that with google sync and i now have 3 way sync. change any of 3 (bb, gmail, or thunderbird) and it'll update to the other 2.

hope this made sense.
    08-18-10 09:28 PM
    if the end result is trying to transfer them to your bb, check out google sync. it 2 way syncs gmail contacts and google calendar.

personally i use thunderbird with 2 extensions, google calendar and zindus, to sync my calendar and contacts with gmail. couple that with google sync and i now have 3 way sync. change any of 3 (bb, gmail, or thunderbird) and it'll update to the other 2.

hope this made sense.
    I was able to sync to windows 7 contacts. Thanks, I'll look into Google Sync.
    08-18-10 09:29 PM
    I was able to sync to windows 7 contacts. Thanks, I'll look into Google Sync.
    figured u wanted specifically to windows or outlook. ya i got nothing on that one. i only use outlook at work.

however, if this is for your personal computer and personal email, you might want to consider switching to thunderbird and run the system that i do. just need to make sure the extensions are compatible with the version of thunderbird u install.

good luck.

btw if u do find a way to sync with outlook please tell.
    08-18-10 09:36 PM
    Goosync will do just what you want. It also syncs directly with most phones and Outlook and using WiFi on the 9700 is very quick.

Google Sync is a waste of time as it has been in beta for at least two years now and still has the same bugs, duplicates, lost items (this is the worst) and all very intermittant. It cannot be relied on sadly IMHO which is a great pity since it is free ;-) A search thru the Google help forum will show the people like myself who tried everything to get it to work and in the end spent the small money on a working solution.

Oh and you get support too!
    Last edited by organum; 08-18-10 at 09:55 PM.
    08-18-10 09:51 PM
    If you want to sync your Gmail contacts with Outlook, you need to log in to Gmail, select contacts, export them to a location on your hard disk. Then choose CSV format and click export.

Open Outlook and click File\Import and Export. When the import and export wizard opens select "import from another program or file". Hit next. Select Comma separated values (DOS) and click next. Browse for the Excel CSV file and click next. Select the folder where you want the file (contacts), hit next, and then hit finish.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    08-18-10 09:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD