hey guys i am a dedicated mac user stuck on 10.4 since i am not going to upgrade the os until i get my new macbookpro in a few months but i really want to upgrade to a leaked os since i am sick of .75 so since i am not familiar with DM can i use my fiance laptop which has dm for her pearl to upgrade my os? and not mess up her ability to sync her pearl? thanks for help i have never used desktop manager so i just wanna be safe.
    Last edited by ReaperZ1013; 04-13-09 at 03:55 AM.
    04-13-09 12:29 AM
    Yes you can use the DM for two different berrys. However, I am not sure you can use DM on a mac.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-09 12:33 AM
    yeah, DM on the mac doesnt work correctly, atleast for me it did not. Just try and use a friends XP system and load your back ups on a thumb drive... What im doing.
    04-13-09 12:43 AM
    ok thanks just wanted to be sure did not want to mess up her syncs. yea DM does not work on mac mac users are stuck with pocketmac and it blows! it is such a basic sync system that is just sad.
    04-13-09 01:27 AM
    ok thanks just wanted to be sure did not want to mess up her syncs. yea DM does not work on mac mac users are stuck with pocketmac and it blows! it is such a basic sync system that is just sad.
    You are welcome.

The DM should distinguish devices by the PIN as well. I don't have a PC and have to use my mom's when I go visit to do all my BB upgrades and such. We use the same DM and have not run into any issues yet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-09 01:30 AM
    I'm glad I'm not a desktop manager...I'd hate to be sued!

Sorry, couldn't resist!
    04-13-09 01:39 AM
    I'm sure you could sue...but you might not get any money...

Sorry had to do it!
    04-13-09 01:41 AM
    wow did not even realize i spelt that wrong haha its late here
    04-13-09 03:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD