When I try to connect my Passport to my Dell desktop, Blend tells me I need to update to the latest version of Blend at blackberry.com/blend. After downloading, I click the install button and at that point I get two pop-up windows generated by Blackberry, one of which says, "Please close the following applications before you install this software: Blackberry Blend," but I can't click the "OK" button because the other, smaller, mostly black pop up (from Blackberry) won't close as long as the other window is open. It creates an impossible loop, the only exit of which is to click "Cancel," which closes both windows and does not allow me to install. Geesh. Anybody have a fix.
    08-31-15 10:19 AM
    Why not just reboot the PC and immediately download and install Blend?
    08-31-15 10:34 AM
    I've done the same thing & ensured termination of Link and Blend via Task Mgr, with no success.
    What worked before:
    Win 7 Pro SP1 using BB desktop v1.2.0.52_B59 and BBQ10 OS 10.3.2.2530
    What fails now is BB Blend:
    Win 10 Pro using SAME BB desktop and SAME BB OS
    Error message with Blend is that it can't find the BB Virtual Private Network Adapter, please uninstall/reinstall. That does not solve the problem. Rebooting does not solve the problem.
    07-08-16 03:00 PM
    OK ... here is an old trick -- AND IT WORKED (at least, it is working for me, so I think it should work for you as well).

Background -- why I think this works
    In the old Windows days, programs would install their own specific DLL or SYS files; typically, the file had to be located in a specific directory in order for it to be used ("called") by the controlling program. Some programs were written so that if the program couldn't find a needed DLL or SYS file, it would automatically check the folder where the program itself was installed.

Now, I noticed that the VPN connection file (needed for BlackBerry Blend) is called "rimvndis6_AMD64.sys" -- so I COPIED that file into the Blend's own program folder.
    [BTW, I copied it instead of moving it, just in case Blend "looks" for it in the original location.]

HOWEVER, THIS DID NOT SOLVE THE PROBLEM -- INSTEAD, IT *FROZE* BLEND THE FIRST TIME I TRIED TO OPEN BLEND AFTER COPYING.

* THE SOLUTION *

I started with a completely new, fresh and clean re-installation before copying the file to the folder. Here are the steps I followed (and which worked -- I checked again a few hours later and Blend still opened correctly).

1. UNINSTALL EVERYTHING -- BLEND AND LINK. (No kidding, this appears to be important and I don't know exactly why.)

2. INSTALL EVERYTHING (BLEND AND LINK) ALL OVER AGAIN FROM SCRATCH; BE SURE TO WATCH YOUR PHONE DEVICE FOR THE "INSTALL DRIVERS" WARNING AND TELL IT TO INSTALL DRIVERS. LET THE PROGRAM INSTALLER CREATE ITS DEFAULT LOCATIONS FOR THE PROGRAMS.

NOTE: DO NOT RE-NAME YOUR PC (YET) AND DO NOT OPEN LINK OR BLEND YET!

3. BEFORE YOU RUN LINK OR BLEND, COPY THIS FILE:
    rimvndis6_AMD64.sys
    FROM ITS DEFAULT DIRECTORY C:\Windows\System32\drivers
    TO THE BLEND DIRECTORY C:\Program Files (x86)\BlackBerry\BlackBerry Blend
    OR WHEREVER BLEND INSTALLED ITSELF IF THAT IS NOT WHERE IT LIVES ON YOUR PC.

4. START BLACKBERRY LINK.
    SIGN IN (UPPER LEFT CORNER).
    CONNECT PHONE TO PC VIA USB.
    IN BB LINK, SELECT RECONNECT (IF YOU HAVE TO).
    WAIT UNTIL YOU'RE DONE WITH EVERYTHING ELSE BEFORE YOU SET UP SYNC & BACKUP, ETC. -- YOU WANT THIS INSTALLATION TO BE AS CLEAN AS POSSIBLE RIGHT NOW.

5. ON THE PHONE, TURN ON BLEND.

6. ON THE PC, START BLACKBERRY BLEND.
    IF BLEND SAYS IT CANNOT CONNECT, FOLLOW ADVICE TO TURN PHONE OFF AND BACK ON.
    IF THAT DOES NOT WORK, TRY SELECTING "RECONNECT" A FEW TIMES.

AFTER ALL OF THE ABOVE STEPS ARE DONE, IT'S SAFE FOR YOU TO GO BACK INTO BB LINK AND SYNC UP YOUR FILES THERE (AND SET OUTLOOK TO SYNC IF YOU USE IT).
    07-17-16 12:40 PM