DM has a feature to transfer devices where it takes all of the information from the old device and transfers it to the new device exactly as the original device was. This includes all 3rd party apps, preferences, wallpapers, folders shortcuts, etc... However, the backup feature in DM doesn't backup all of these details neither 3rd party apps. I found a tutorial at crackberry on how to backup 3rd party apps here: http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-backing-3rd-party-applications-your-blackberry

There is an additional radio button where the user could choose to backup the data as well as 3rd party apps. Using the tutorial, If I clicked on both radio buttons to create the "PIN" folder inside the temp folder and saved it to the desktop, then could I use that folder to completely restore my blackberry at a later time as though I was switching the device? I know I can use the app loader to install the apps but I am more interested in more of a clone like Norton Ghost for PC. Your input would be greatly appreciated.
    05-30-12 11:17 PM
    You are better off with a BB tool like BBSAK, or BB Boss.
    06-04-12 10:32 AM
    I don't know of any way to backup appdata as well. DM will backup third party apps and your device settings and calendar etc, but the apps would be 'freshly' installed after a restore.

Does BBSAK backup the data ?
    06-04-12 11:15 AM
    when i had a 9780 and 9700 as a backup, i used to load the 9780 backup onto the 9700 so they were mirror images of eachother. just drop in a SIM card and SD card and go. so yea, you can. just be careful, when i tried loading OS6 backups onto an OS 7 device, it was giving me some errors (apps mostly) and sometimes data corruption which led to battery drains. so keep it restricted to like OS's.
    06-06-12 04:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD