I'm new to bb and will be receiving my Verizon based Storm on Monday (12/8). I'm coming to bb from a Samsung pda running Windows Pocket PC 2003. That phone could only establish a working relationship with one PC as it's computer to sync Outlook data with. You could establish a "Guest" relationship with another PC that the phone would not sync to, but it could load apps and copy stuff (like pictures or files) from the phone to the Guest PC.

I'm wondering if the same situation exist in the bb world? I have a main PC at my studio that I will be syncing the Storm to for contacts and appointments (from Outlook). But I'm wanting to know if I can load the Desktop Manger software on both that PC as well as my laptop, using my laptop to hook up the phone to, not for syncing, but for adding apps, running updates, copying files, etc...

Thanks,

Grey
    12-06-08 05:46 PM
    no probs. I have 3 on my main and 2 on my laptop. Desktop recognizes them through the pin.
    12-06-08 05:48 PM
    Unless you are running BES on one and BIS on another you should have no problem.
    12-06-08 05:54 PM
    No, it will be BIS on all. One follow up question...

On the laptop that I want to use for upgrading/backing up and software installs, I keep an older copy of my main Outlook from my office PC (just for backup purposes). It's always older and slightly out of date from the real-time Outlook pst file. I don't want my Storm to try and sync data to it when I hook up. Will that be a problem?

Thanks,

Grey
    12-06-08 07:13 PM
    I would think that as long as your desktop is up to date it would be fine. I'm sure I will be politely corrected if I'm wrong. lol.
    12-06-08 07:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD