My wife has a Storm (Verizon) and is trying to synchronize with Outlook 2003. Contacts work fine but the calendar is a problem. Appointments made on Outlook synch to the BB but appointments made on the BB do not go to Outlook. The synchronize is set up for two way synchronization.

The only email account on my wife's BB is for an AOL address which is a second email account in Outlook.

However, appointments made on my BB (Storm) based on a secondary AOL address synch to my Outlook (2007) calendar without any problem. Can't figure this out...
    01-05-10 01:50 PM
    is the useer profile name the same in outlook and dtm?
    01-05-10 02:06 PM
    I'm running outlook 2003 with BBTM v5.0.1, just got a new dell w/windows 7 and now I cannot sync my calender...worked fine on my previous computer with same outlook, BB and vista...I spent 3 hours here searching and everyone seems to be chatting about the outlook 2010 problem. I have tried all types of settings in DTM and nothing works. I got a memo to sync, and that was it. Please help!
    06-11-10 03:05 AM
    I'm running outlook 2003 with BBTM v5.0.1, just got a new dell w/windows 7 and now I cannot sync my calender...worked fine on my previous computer with same outlook, BB and vista...I spent 3 hours here searching and everyone seems to be chatting about the outlook 2010 problem. I have tried all types of settings in DTM and nothing works. I got a memo to sync, and that was it. Please help!
    Hi try going to Options Advanced Options then Default Services, make sure the right account is selected for calendar and messaging. Try resending the service books. Good Luck.

Are you able to setup the relationship in desktop manager on the new computer?
    06-14-10 05:14 AM
    This seems to be an issue with the newer units. My old 8330 was set up the same way with multiple email accounts, same laptop running Win7Pro, etc.

On my new 9650, any appointment originated in Outlook syncs to the default calendar in the BB. HOWEVER when I originate an appointment in the BB, I cannot choose "default". My only choices are my multiple email accounts. Those do not sync to outlook. Wonderful.

This is a MAJOR issue AFAIC.
    06-19-10 09:27 AM
    Been playing with this for a while. Deleted the calendar database off the BB, did a 1 way sync from Outlook and that put everything back into the DEFAULT calendar. At least I can sync from outlook at this point. Anything originated on the BB won't sync to outlook.
    06-19-10 12:57 PM
    OK, somehow got this to work properly now after banging on it for an hour or so.

I reset the desktop software to default config, started from scratch, synced with USB connection. It added all calendar info back into the SELECTED default calendar associated with my primary email account.

Now 2 way sync is correct both USB and bluetooth. Hooray.
    06-20-10 08:51 AM
    unplug the bb from the pc
    go into advanced options
    service books and delete all [cmime] and [cicl] or anything that swows external emails

back out to home screen

and resynch

It will work!!!!!

"Thank you Thank you" next majic trick at 4

-Dozer
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    07-14-10 02:18 PM
    oh and after you do this go into "setup" and click email it will re download the email aps and restore settings to normal
    07-14-10 02:25 PM
    I figured it out. someone posted something similar.

your outlook has a primary email address. usually when you hit compose new email/message, it automatically assumes youre sending it from the first email address you ever configured with outlook.

same thing with you BB. it creates all your new calendar events with the first email you ever synced with it. so when syncing bn BB and outlook, it should be the same primary email addresses.

go to settings, advanced options, default services and change you calendar (CICAL) to the same primary account as your outlook.

also you have to delete previous appointments in your BB calendar that was made with the non primary email account, and remake them with the default primary account and it will sync. Your BB calendar can make adjacent appointments for each email account. a new feature i never knew it had.

i hope this helps and i hope i was able to write it clearly without confusing anyone. if you need me to explain again, please let me know.
    08-27-10 01:19 PM
    My Default Services shows nothing at all, and pressing the menu button shows only Save, Switch Application, and Close.
    09-02-10 02:00 PM
    I have a new BB 8530. I have loaded the Desktop Manager (5.0.1) onto my computer to do a two way sync. Followed all instructions. However, when i connect my BB to the computer the calendars are not synching. I have gone through all the help options and cannot figure out why it is not syncing. HELP!
    10-13-10 04:18 PM
    unplug the bb from the pc
    go into advanced options
    service books and delete all [cmime] and [cicl] or anything that swows external emails

back out to home screen

and resynch

It will work!!!!!

"Thank you Thank you" next majic trick at 4

-Dozer
    Just wanted to confirm that the above fix works like a charm on my Storm 2.

Thanks!!!
    07-11-11 12:17 PM
    HELP!! Followed instructions exactly on my BB Storm 2. Not only did the sync still not work for my calendar.....now I have lost my e-mail accounts and am unable to add them back. I go thru the steps to add a new e-mail account but it doesn't appear on the screen. Can someone help pretty please?? Thx.
    09-08-11 01:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD