I had BB Link on W8 perfectly fine but it stopped working after I upgraded to 8.1. I tried reinstalling bb link but got a BSOD. This coupled with some major issues while updating windows, I performed a clean install of windows.
    After installing a fresh copy and upgrading to 8.1 successfully, I tried to install bb link (10.2.0.28). The install starts fine, install MS C++ 2008 redistributable and then moves on to the program itself. A couple of minutes into the install, while it says 'Starting Services', I get a BSOD point out ndis.sys (DRIVER_IQRL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL) as the cause of the crash. The laptop restarts and there are some files in the Program Files folder under RIM/ BB Link, but its installed.
    I tried connecting my z10 and intalling bbry device manager 7.1. This installed fine and my laptop recognized the phone but without link, this is of no use.
    I havent found any forums with problems installing link. Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks
    Last edited by arnavrs; 10-20-13 at 12:35 PM.
    Pichino Casey likes this.
    10-19-13 03:59 PM
    Link and windows 8/8.1 just dont play well together. I get the BSOD just having my phone charging on my laptop after a little while. There really isnt any solution that I have found to get them to play nice
    10-19-13 04:06 PM
    Link and windows 8/8.1 just dont play well together. I get the BSOD just having my phone charging on my laptop after a little while. There really isnt any solution that I have found to get them to play nice
    Honestly, I only started having problems after the 8.1 update. It was running perfectly on 8, remote file access and the lot.
    I dont mind losing some of the features, but BSOD on install is a little extreme. I can live with them not playing nice....as long as they play!
    Last edited by arnavrs; 10-19-13 at 04:21 PM.
    10-19-13 04:10 PM
    Same issue here....any solution?
    10-19-13 07:47 PM
    Umm...thanks, but how does this help?
    Don't quote spammers (for future reference)

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    howarmat and Elite1 like this.
    10-20-13 02:36 AM
    Same issue here....any solution?
    +1. Seems to be a general problem.
    10-20-13 07:04 AM
    Solution for that issue for many people is only connecting your BB10 device via a USB 2.0 port, and never via a USB 3.0 port.
    10-20-13 08:03 AM
    Unless you're running out of USB 2.0 ports, I don't see any point to use USB 3.0 at all. Not like it's going to make data transfer any better because it's bottlenecked by your device's USB controller and flash drive speed.

This is the test I did to compare both USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 speed on a Z10 using media card.
    USB 2.0 = dotted lines
    USB 3.0 = bolded lines
    Attached Thumbnails BSOD while installing BB Link 10.2 (Windows 8.1)-screenshot-2-.png  
    10-27-13 03:25 AM
    I have also faced the BSOD everytime installing BB Link on my Windows 8.1 x64 bit PC.
    Any solutions please?
    11-06-13 08:38 AM
    I am also facing the same BSOD error while installing BB Link on my Windows 8.1 x64 bit PC. I am using USB 2.0. It was ok with Windows 8
    Any solutions please?
    11-08-13 09:03 AM
    I have the same problem here. I can not installing BlackBerry Link on my Windows 8.1 (64 bit) PC. Everytime BSOD and restart.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Rene_Ha; 11-11-13 at 09:56 AM.
    11-08-13 09:29 AM
    Hello,

same problem here:
    Whenever I try to install BB Link 10.2 (which I have to do after Update to Win 8.1 x64), the BSOD "driver irql not less or equal (ndis.sys)" pops up (no matter wheter my BB Q10 is connected or not. Any solution known by now?
    11-11-13 04:05 AM
    This is a pretty serious problem I'm trying to develop but without being able to connect a BB device to my machine, it's a bit of a pain!

Now going to have to think about a reinstalling windows just so I can carry on developing!
    11-13-13 03:54 PM
    Any fixes for this yet?
    11-15-13 03:28 PM
    Same here! maybe I need #Blackberry 10.2 os
    11-18-13 12:16 PM
    Same problem here. I have 10.2.1 installed

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 04:32 PM
    Having the same issue. Can't even get the full installation.. Same error mssg everyone else is getting and even after installing a brand new 8.1, after a full wipe of the drive, I get BSOP and crash. The last time, I had to manually remove bits and pieces of Link...just to get it completely out. No 'uninstall' option was available. Anyone know of, or see anything about a fix for compatibility with 8.1?
    Last edited by gr8ocguy; 11-25-13 at 09:41 AM.
    11-22-13 12:57 PM
    UPDATE:
    After many BSOD cycles, I have been able to get my z10 sync'd and backed up under windows 8.1. I had to completely delete all BB link files that were 'left over' after partial Link installations. No 'uninstall' option available, so I had to go into the program directory and delete the BB folders. Then, I completely uninstalled Kaspersky A/V s/w (I tried 'suspending it', but did not work).. I then installed Link, and it went all the way through w/o BSOD! From there, I installed 'CompanionLink' (currently running a special $12 discount for Z10 early adopters) and followed the instructions for sync'ing outlook calendar and contacts. It all went smoothly and then I was able to do a full b/u of my Z10 using Link. I'm totally relaxed again! While a drag that you have to buy a s/w to get the functionality that BB should already have, it resolves the issue for those who do not, or can not, throw their contacts/calendar up to the cloud for legal, regulatory and other issues. This provides the end to end control, many have been looking for. Hope this helps someone...
    arnavrs likes this.
    11-27-13 03:04 PM
    I can confirm this works, thank you so much gr8ocguy for finally solving this problem.
    PS: I managed to reinstall KIS14 back after link was installed, everything is working fine.
    11-29-13 05:49 PM
    Thank you gr8ocguy. Kaspersky 2014 was the problem.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 11:05 AM
    I never ran into an issue with windows 8 or 8.1 and Link, with my Z10.
    I don't use the outlook calendar or contact sync. Just use Link for backups, and use windows explorer style to drag and drop files.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 11:28 AM
    Yes. Thanks! Uninstalling Kaspersky did the trick for me too!
    12-04-13 07:37 PM
    Wow...I think this is the first time I've ever contributed a solution, rather than obtaining one....! Glad I was able to add some value to this site.
    12-04-13 08:53 PM
    UPDATE:
    After many BSOD cycles, I have been able to get my z10 sync'd and backed up under windows 8.1. I had to completely delete all BB link files that were 'left over' after partial Link installations. No 'uninstall' option available, so I had to go into the program directory and delete the BB folders. Then, I completely uninstalled Kaspersky A/V s/w (I tried 'suspending it', but did not work).. I then installed Link, and it went all the way through w/o BSOD! From there, I installed 'CompanionLink' (currently running a special $12 discount for Z10 early adopters) and followed the instructions for sync'ing outlook calendar and contacts. It all went smoothly and then I was able to do a full b/u of my Z10 using Link. I'm totally relaxed again! While a drag that you have to buy a s/w to get the functionality that BB should already have, it resolves the issue for those who do not, or can not, throw their contacts/calendar up to the cloud for legal, regulatory and other issues. This provides the end to end control, many have been looking for. Hope this helps someone...
    Thank you so much for sharing this. I followed what you did, (removing BB Link files and folders from My Program Files, Uninstalling Kaspersky AV), launched the BB Link installer and the processes were done without any problems at all.

But still, I wonder if Blackberry said anything about this issue..

Thanks again gr8ocguy!
    12-07-13 12:43 PM
    I have exactly the same problem. I cant instanll bb link on my computer for the same reason. Any help please?
    01-09-14 04:02 PM
36 12