Hi Everyone! Since we don't have the Q10 available yet in the US, I'm still using and loving my 9810, and may keep it in addition to my new Q10 once I get it.
    So I have two questions regarding this subject.
    First, can I download BB Link to my PC and Netbook now, even though I still have BBDM on my desktop and am using it daily to sync and backup/restore (if necessary) my 9810? I'd like to download BB Link and see what it looks like and study it a little prior to getting the new phone.
    Secondly, can I have both BB managers on my PC and running at the same time, as I may keep my 9810 as a back up and possibly use it for another operation I'm involved with. If so, I'm going to download BB Link today or as soon as I hear from someone on it and check it out.

BTW, on another note, BB published an update regarding the 2-way sync feature with Outlook 2007/2010 and BBLink for OS10.1, and stated that it will be available in a couple of weeks. This update was dated 5/13 so its recent, and I'll post it here in case anyone is interested, as it involves the newest Link update. Thanks for any answers you can give me on my two questions. Much Appreciated as always!
    ************************************************** ************************************************** *****
    It's looking up! From an "Updated post from BB" this was added to the post referenced above.
    BlackBerry Link Personal Information Import and Synchronization
    Below is cut and pasted from this link (bottom of article).

BlackBerry Link Personal Information Import and Synchronization Update
    February 19, 2013Ty Williams
    Support for USB synchronization with Outlook: In the next few weeks we will be releasing an update of BlackBerry Link (particular for Windows PCs) that will allow you to import your contacts and calendar information directly from Outlook to your BlackBerry Z10. Support for two-way sync of calendar and contacts info using BlackBerry Link for PC and Mac will be released shortly afterwards. For more information and updates on release dates, visit this blog as well as BlackBerry
    Update 05/13/2013 - Thanks for your patience, in a few weeks we will be releasing an update to BlackBerry Link that supports two-way synchronization. For more information and updates on release dates, visit this blog as well as BlackBerry.
    OK, now I'm smiling!
    bungaboy and daveycrocket like this.
    05-14-13 07:55 PM
    Does anyone have an answer to my questions above? Can I safely download BB Link and play around with it while still having BBDM on my PC for my 9810 use? And, once I get the Q10 can I use both on the same PC in case I wish to keep my 9810 running?
    Thanks!
    05-15-13 02:58 PM
    Does anyone have an answer to my questions above? Can I safely download BB Link and play around with it while still having BBDM on my PC for my 9810 use? And, once I get the Q10 can I use both on the same PC in case I wish to keep my 9810 running?
    Thanks!
    Yes
    go1ndr likes this.
    05-15-13 03:06 PM
    Thanks Mkelley65! Much appreciated!
    05-15-13 03:48 PM
    Thanks Mkelley65! Much appreciated!
    I've downloaded Link which now sits next to BDM. Opens fine no reference to BDM filled in my ID etc all fine link auto connected with all my media.
    Haven't got my BB10 device as yet but tried both my 9810 and playbook. It recognised both, asking if I wanted to transfer to a different device. So I closed that it showed the content of my playbook whilst it wouldn't backup (no surprise) it would allow me to update/transfer media files from my PC to the playbook and vice versa. So just for fun with the limited devices it work really well. I then reconnected my 9810 BDM opened as usual (in fact they were both open at one stage in this process but only BDM opened automatically. Once my 9810 was connected it did a backup and a outlook sync without any problems. So no conflict at this stage so far.
    I think it will be brilliant once the outlook issue is done and dusted, saw your post about that thanks. Hope this helps.
    05-16-13 06:43 AM
    I've downloaded Link which now sits next to BDM. Opens fine no reference to BDM filled in my ID etc all fine link auto connected with all my media.
    Haven't got my BB10 device as yet but tried both my 9810 and playbook. It recognised both, asking if I wanted to transfer to a different device. So I closed that it showed the content of my playbook whilst it wouldn't backup (no surprise) it would allow me to update/transfer media files from my PC to the playbook and vice versa. So just for fun with the limited devices it work really well. I then reconnected my 9810 BDM opened as usual (in fact they were both open at one stage in this process but only BDM opened automatically. Once my 9810 was connected it did a backup and a outlook sync without any problems. So no conflict at this stage so far.
    I think it will be brilliant once the outlook issue is done and dusted, saw your post about that thanks. Hope this helps.
    Hey--just posted on another site that many (myself included) are having issues with having both DM and Link installed on the same PC. It takes over or hijacks the PC and requires Admin authority to open Outlook. I started a thread about it in the LINK Forum and was told that you should always delete BBDM prior to installing the Link software (new update last night including 2-way sync for outlook) or there will be issues and that RIM recommends uninstalling the BBDM prior to installing Link.
    I downloaded Link to play around with it and it did in fact "hijack" my PC and did exactly that--blocked me from being able to open Outlook. I had to have my IT guy come by and fix the admin issue and uninstall Link--which is a bummer as I wanted to keep both like you have. May try again but will probabaly in fact so just that, dump DM prior to install of Link. Bummer indeed!
    06-06-13 06:37 PM