Silly question.... Does the Blackberry logo on the 9650 desktop charger light up when plugged in? On my earlier Curve 8330 it did. Just curious.....
    09-03-10 04:48 PM
    You mean the pod? there's a lite, but not the logo.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-10 05:01 PM
    The two desktop chargers that I got from Amazon does not light up, they are OEM although there is a blue light that lights up on the charger but it's there to show you where the charger is located at in the dark.
    09-03-10 05:03 PM
    The old charging pods for the 8330's were so bright people were devising ways to mask the light so they could sleep at night...LOL.
    These have a light at the back like cbreze said so you can't see it when your phone is docked.
    09-03-10 05:07 PM
    Thanks for the info... I bought 2 from Amazon BB OEM.... They were only like 8 dollars compared to 24 dollars from some sites for the same charger. That was why I asked the question since it was so cheap compared to other sites.
    09-03-10 05:13 PM
    i picked mine up from amazon as well I love it.
    09-04-10 09:25 AM
    Got mine on Amazon, too. Same little white led light on top/back of the cradle. (Not too bright for sleeping). Logo doesn't light up.

The only problem is: I love my BB charging pod as much as I love my OtterBox Commuter hybrid case... (have to remove the case at night when I want to put my 9650 in "the pod") Small price to pay. Costs me 10 extra seconds a day...

Btw, what's not to like about bedside mode in the BB charging pod?! Throw out your regular alarm clock! Brilliant!

09-05-10 01:38 PM
    Not a news flash for most, but when I was shopping for a pod recently, I found (on Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more), that many sellers were advertising the BB charger pod "for BB 9650" sometimes double or triple the price of the one specified for the BB 9630 - It's the EXACT SAME PART.

Don't pay more than you have to!

My wife has a Tour 9630 with a desktop charging pod, so when I got my 9650 Bold recently, I was able to verify this fact, before ordering my own charging pod. Ordered one spec'd for the 9630 for $7.00, shipped - works perfectly!
    09-05-10 03:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD