Hi guys

I'm new to Crackberry and Forum-ing in general, but I have read through the previous posts here to help solve my problem, unfortunately to little avail.

The other day, my Blackberry started freezing up (not so unusual) so I pulled the battery, as per. The only thing is, when it began to reload, it fell into a reload 'loop', which I believe is known as being 'nuked'.

The loading bar gets to about a 5th of of the way through, blacks out and begins reloading again... forever.

My first thought was to hook it up to my computer as I backed up only a few days ago, but it seems it no longer connects properly as the Desktop Manager waits for the phone to load up, which never happens.

I've searched around on forums to see how to fix this and they all refer to a Windows solution, none refer to Mac or OS X, which is the OS I am using.

Some details:
    Phone - Bold 9000
    OS - 5.0.0.681
    Computer - Mac OS X (10.6.4)
    Software - Blackberry Desktop Manager version 1.0.4

I backed up just a few days ago, synced my contacts etc, so my thinking is that if I can find a way to wipe it or at least get it out of this loop and allow it to restart properly, I can get thing back to normal?
    I did read also about starting in safe mode by holding the escape key while loading, but this seemed to have no effect.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks!!
    08-31-10 07:54 AM
    You will need to borrow a PC or run Windows on your Mac to reload the OS. There is no way to reload the OS on a nuked BlackBerry using OS X.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    09-05-10 12:00 PM
    I have had trouble getting my bold 9000 to sync on my Mac. It has never worked. Tips?
    09-09-10 06:15 PM
    Hi, I got a way to solve a nuked blackberry problem, and it's really easy.

A lot of people said we can only use windows, but actually you can also do it using mac.

You just need to download the [B]Blackberry Desktop Software[B] from blackberry's website.

Download the software for mac os

then just open the software, and it will ask for your device to be connected to your mac with a data cable. the software will notify that they can't connect to your blackberry, so just click "repair", and it will automatically detect your blackberry operating system and repair it.

Just wait and done!
    01-04-12 11:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD