This is a great thread.

I followed the steps and managed to get the greyed out bluetooth to be visible and clickable.

The problem now is that when I try to add the bluetooth device it doesnt find the blackberry even though I have enabled bluetooth on the BB and made it discoverable.

Any suggestions?
    Im in the exact same boat .. can any one provide ideas?
    01-23-09 03:08 PM
    I am new her. Please help!

I am using Blackberry Bold. My laptop is fujitsu, which used TOSHIBA bluetooth stack. I think my laptop is built-in bluetooth.

I tried your suggestion, but I cannot do the step 12. the comp did not allow me to save. it appeared: "cannot create the C:\window\inf\bth.inf file. Make sure the path and the file name are correct".

I don't know how to save! Please help!

Thanks a lot!
    02-27-09 09:51 AM
    OK. Has anyone found a solution for this in vista? Also my roomate has bluetooth athat came with his computer not a donge and he has xp and his is greyed out... he wouldnt have any other drivers on it??
    03-22-09 08:16 PM
    Connert - thank you much. I implemented your solution on my Sprint 8130 Pearl and it worked. I don't understand the intricacies of why it worked but am quite pleased. If you are so inclined. Maybe you could explain in layman's terms exactly what was going on here and how you solved it. I am also curious as to why this selection was grayed out in the first place. Why wouldn't Sprint have shipped the 8130 with the Bluetooth option functional?
    04-04-09 08:13 AM
    It seems like I went through *** to fin...
    Hi.

I just registered to let you know I really appreciate your information for the bluetooth stuff. I was able to setup my bluetooth very well and I can even now use my Bold as a tethered modem!! I can browse from my Aspire One laptop to a 3G network without cables!!!

Thanks very much!

Alex
    MCP MCSA MCSE MCTS A+
    04-22-09 05:26 PM
    The new beta version of Desktop Manager 5.0 has Bluetooth enabled for all Bluetooth dongles/built-in modules. Installed it yesterday on my HP Compaq 2710p. The Bluetooth option works fine with the built-in Bluetooth module (previously greyed-out under Desktop Manager 4.7). As soon as I checked the option my two phones get discovered straight away. And whenever they are in range they connect automatically. The Desktop Manager 5.0 works flawlessly with BlackBerry OS 4.x ROMs despite being a beta version. I would suggest everyone try it.
    04-22-09 06:33 PM
    The new beta version of Desktop Manager 5.0 has Bluetooth enabled for all Bluetooth dongles/built-in modules. Installed it yesterday on my HP Compaq 2710p. The Bluetooth option works fine with the built-in Bluetooth module (previously greyed-out under Desktop Manager 4.7). As soon as I checked the option my two phones get discovered straight away. And whenever they are in range they connect automatically. The Desktop Manager 5.0 works flawlessly with BlackBerry OS 4.x ROMs despite being a beta version. I would suggest everyone try it.
    Wow. I worked hours and hours trying to figure it out how to setup my BT generic module in the laptop in order to get the BB Manager to work. Pls where I can download the Bmanager 5 Beta?
    04-22-09 09:26 PM
    Wow. I worked hours and hours trying to figure it out how to setup my BT generic module in the laptop in order to get the BB Manager to work. Pls where I can download the Bmanager 5 Beta?
    I got the one I am using from here. Bear in mind it is still a beta version, so may contain bugs. (Though I haven't come across anything.)
    04-22-09 10:16 PM
    This does Work! you are the effin man! I did this using a Targus 2.0 adapter. I believe the proper name of it is the ACB10-20
    04-29-09 08:16 PM
    This morning I had the phone connected, ready to backup and it disconnected. I took the cord out of my blackberry to find the female connection part was all over the place, thus can't connect. Is there an alternative solution for people without usb capabilities?
    05-03-09 06:15 PM
    This morning I had the phone connected, ready to backup and it disconnected. I took the cord out of my blackberry to find the female connection part was all over the place, thus can't connect. Is there an alternative solution for people without usb capabilities?
    With Bluetooth connection the Desktop Manager only allows a limited features. Synchronise, Backup & Restore to be exact. If that's what all you need you can try the methods described in this post. You can still install applications over the air or transfer installation files with Bluetooth or a memory card.
    05-03-09 11:30 PM
    Not only did this solution solve my connectivity problems for the Device Manager, but it solved my bluetooth problems in general for a lot of different things. ***, the way bluetooth was implemented on my Samsung NC10 was so strange I couldn't even get it working for the first month and thought maybe it I got the wrong model. The WIDCOMM drivers created crazy mybluetooth excessive device menu systems and not having used bluetooth on a computer before I thought everyone was crazy when they said bluetooth was supposed to be easy. Now that the regular windows bluetooth manager is working my blackberry doesn't get any errors when I try to connect (before it would say it connected, ask me if I wanted to pair and then say fail at which point it would still work sometimes). I guess it is the same principle as all those 3rd party wireless G wifi drivers, they screw everything up by trying to make it fluffy and more friendly. All they ever end up doing is breaking the system and then when you want to fix it you don't know where to start because they have come up with their own new configuration system burying some features and hiding others. I feel like my computer is clean now that I have that third party bluetooth system off my computer. It even put a permanent icon on the desktop that was impossible to remove and turned out to not be necessary. I'm rambling and it's late here. g'night.

Thanks,
    Nick
    05-21-09 01:27 AM
    This worked great!!! Thanks so much for the wrietup!!
    06-06-09 09:21 AM
    I was having a hard time getting my storm to connect via Bluetooth with my Toshiba laptop running vista with the Toshiba Bluetooth stack.

I search on the internet and found this website:

Bluetooth, Changing from Toshiba stack to MS stack - Vista Forums

The info from Ivory give exactly the steps needed to change from Toshiba to windows stack and I can now connect DM to my storm via Bluetooth.

This worked for me and hopefully it will help someone else.
    06-14-09 03:42 PM
    SO can anyone suggest a confirmed working dongle? I realize in 5.0 we can use any but I'd rather get a suggestion on which one to buy.
    06-15-09 12:29 PM
    I got the one I am using from here. Bear in mind it is still a beta version, so may contain bugs. (Though I haven't come across anything.)
    I cant connect my sammy nc10 to DM 4.6 via because the BT option is grayed out, and been trying find a fix for this thru google and came upon this post. Was going to dl the new beta version but the link appears to be dead.

Any help for this fix? either thru download a new DM or something? Thanks.
    06-20-09 12:08 PM
    I cant connect my sammy nc10 to DM 4.6 via because the BT option is grayed out, and been trying find a fix for this thru google and came upon this post. Was going to dl the new beta version but the link appears to be dead.

Any help for this fix? either thru download a new DM or something? Thanks.
    What type of help do you need for this fix? Have you completed the steps? Did it not work for you? Any information will help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-09 09:31 PM
    I've also got a Samsung NC10 and am having the same bluetooth issue - it pairs but DM doesn't recognise it. The Sammy has Broadcom built in - will the instructions work the same for that as other drivers mentioned? I'm not very IT literate and am nervous of changing registry settings etc
    06-29-09 05:41 AM
    I've also got a Samsung NC10 and am having the same bluetooth issue - it pairs but DM doesn't recognise it. The Sammy has Broadcom built in - will the instructions work the same for that as other drivers mentioned? I'm not very IT literate and am nervous of changing registry settings etc
    It has worked for others with built in bluetooth. i would say read through the post and see, then give it a try.
    06-30-09 09:55 AM
    So far so good. Only question I have is

"My Bluetooth Device Adapter= BthUsb, USB\VID_050D&PID_0131"

Where do I find "My Bluetooth Device Adapter" name. This what I see when I go into the device manager "BCM2046 B1 Bluetooth USB + EDR Adapter Class 2 v2.1 UHE" but I am unsure what to put in.

Thanks
    07-02-09 06:01 PM
    So far so good. Only question I have is

"My Bluetooth Device Adapter= BthUsb, USB\VID_050D&PID_0131"

Where do I find "My Bluetooth Device Adapter" name. This what I see when I go into the device manager "BCM2046 B1 Bluetooth USB + EDR Adapter Class 2 v2.1 UHE" but I am unsure what to put in.

Thanks
    Go back and read the instructions around steps 10 & 11, "My Bluetooth Device Adapter" is what you will name the entry. You should have a "USB\VID_050D&PID_0131" type listing in device manager. It should flow step by step, if not I'm not sure this will work for you. Good luck!
    07-03-09 01:31 PM
    I have DM 5.0 installed, a Toshiba BT stack, and am actually able to tether easily with BT- but no BT for DM, the option is still gray-ed out. Any suggestions?
    07-21-09 09:16 PM
    I have DM 5.0 installed, a Toshiba BT stack, and am actually able to tether easily with BT- but no BT for DM, the option is still gray-ed out. Any suggestions?
    Did you start with trying the original post? If so, what happened? If not, why?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-09 09:27 PM
    Just wanted to say Hi and thanks... I was so pleased with this tip, I registered on the site... :-) I was out on the Blackberry forums and they pretty much said I had to buy one of the supported adapters. Boy was I happy to google upon this forum... I followed your instructions and I just got my Blackberry 8330 Curve Syncing Flawlessly now via Onboard Broadcom Bluetooth chip on my HP Laptop. I have the same model as the the last poster and with the Broadcom Bluetooth and I'm having no issues at all. The only thing that was weird was my phone rebooted after re-pairing it with new windows based bluetooth driver. I also had to unpair my curve when I uninstalled the HP Bluetooth Software before it would uninstall completely. Thanks again.
    09-19-09 10:06 AM
    What worked for me, for some unknown reason, was in following your step #11, placing "My Bluetooth Device Adapter," etc., on the notepad as a stand-alone entry IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER on the list of all of the other adapters. (Under "M.")
    thanks connert! your guide worked perfectly... except i had to put the new entry under "microsoft" (alphabetical order?) for the bluetooth icon to become "un-greyed"...
    09-20-09 09:16 PM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD