Blackberry blend has been working great for me, until a couple of days ago. It just won't start. I uninstalled and re-installed but problem persists. Windows starts "thinking" when I click on the blend icon or the .exe file. Makes no difference if I run as administrator or not, but program never launches. It doesn't even show up as a process in task manager. I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to try next...
    01-04-15 01:27 PM
    There's a couple of possibilities. It could be the visual studio runtime is corrupt or problems with the hard drive. RAM failures usually have a BSOD. I'd go with a scandisk - you'll need to still reinstall after the scandisk fixes any sectors.

There is also an event viewer built into windows that may show the error.

Posted to CB via my Passport | FileArchiveHaven
    01-04-15 02:16 PM
    I run scandisk regularly. I don't think there are any problems with the drive itself. I ran event viewer, and did notice this (see attached - RIM MDNS line)

Blend on Windows 7 won't start-capture.jpg

But I don't know see how that helps me solve the problem... Do you have any further suggestions?
    01-04-15 02:22 PM
    What happens if you reboot the PC, turn WiFi off and try?
    01-04-15 02:27 PM
    What happens if you reboot the PC, turn WiFi off and try?
    My PC doesn't have wifi, but rebooting and disconnecting ethernet cable doesn't result in anything different. Blend just won't start.
    01-04-15 02:39 PM
    Have you re downloaded blend or just used the download you had?
    01-04-15 03:04 PM
    Have you re downloaded blend or just used the download you had?
    I uninstalled all blackberry desktop software, then downloaded and installed the latest from blackberry website.

I haven't yet tried disabling virus software and firewalls, but will try that tonight.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-05-15 08:30 AM
    I uninstalled all blackberry desktop software, then downloaded and installed the latest from blackberry website.

I haven't yet tried disabling virus software and firewalls, but will try that tonight.
    I am having the same problem on my Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit PC.

I have tried every possible combination I could think of. Blend worked when I installed it the second time back in November. But soon thereafter stopped responding. When I try to start nothing happens.

Uninstalled Antivirus

Disabled firewall

Ran chkdsk

Ran CCCleaner

Ran SFC /scannow

It has been suggested that it is a drivers issue. Or more than 1 installation issue.

After uninstalling and cleaning it appears the drivers don't get removed. When I try to reinstall the "Drivers box" is greyed out as shown below.

Blend on Windows 7 won't start-blend-install-jan-4.jpg

So, how can I remove the drivers completely before reinstalling so that I get the proper drivers loaded?
    01-05-15 08:55 AM
    Device manager and uninstall bb virtual private network?
    01-05-15 09:00 AM
    To do what? Drivers?
    01-05-15 09:13 AM
    To do what? Drivers?
    That's the one RIM thing I noticed on mine. Maybe that will make is so you can install them.
    01-05-15 09:37 AM
    That's the one RIM thing I noticed on mine. Maybe that will make is so you can install them.
    OK, will try it. Thanks.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-05-15 10:19 AM
    The greyed-out checkbox beside the drivers likely just means that you don't have the option to not install it, not because it's already installed.
    01-05-15 10:21 AM
    Didn't work.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-05-15 02:24 PM
    The greyed-out checkbox beside the drivers likely just means that you don't have the option to not install it, not because it's already installed.
    Don't think so. I had the option on first original install IIRC.
    01-05-15 02:25 PM
    Disabling firewall and anti-virus did nothing for me. I'm not going to wipe my whole PC just to get blend to work... although I could try a system restore to a time I know blend worked.
    01-05-15 07:55 PM
    Didn't work.
    Bummer.
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-06-15 06:35 AM
    If it were me, I would uninstall everything, run ccleaner - with registry cleaning, reboot, search the registry for anything blackberry and rim and delete them, reboot, re download and try again but maybe you have already done that?
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-06-15 06:40 AM
    Have you checked the Windows Event Log for any errors?
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-06-15 08:28 AM
    Also, you can browse to the install folder (C:\Program Files\BlackBerry\BlackBerry Blend - or on 64-bit systems, C:\Program Files (x86)\BlackBerry\BlackBerry Blend) and double-click on "DiagnosticsReporter.exe". It will zip up all the logs and open an Explorer window where it saved the file.

Open the zip file and poke through the logs. I think this is the one that's for the UI: BlackBerry_10_Desktop_Software_[date/time]_4_PKG_BLEND.log

There might be more than one. Pick the newest.
    bungaboy and kbz1960 like this.
    01-06-15 08:34 AM
    Have you checked the Windows Event Log for any errors?
    Apache Service errors "The Apache service named

reported the following error: >>>
    httpd.exe: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 192.168.X.XX for ServerName
    01-06-15 11:19 AM
    httpd.exe: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 192.168.X.XX for ServerName
    That doesn't look relevant to Blend. It may not save anything to the Windows Event Log. You may have more success digging through the Blend logs.
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-06-15 01:45 PM
    If it were me, I would uninstall everything, run ccleaner - with registry cleaning, reboot, search the registry for anything blackberry and rim and delete them, reboot, re download and try again but maybe you have already done that?
    I did that. When I re-installed it still won't start
    01-08-15 05:08 AM
    Will it start in safe mode?
    01-08-15 05:23 AM
    FYI - I finally got around to trying to run in Safe Mode, but no dice Blend still won't start. Link starts fine.

I guess I can't really go to official Blackberry support for help since I'm running a Z10 with a leaked OS, and shouldn't really have "official" access to Blend at all - although I am 100% certain this isn't the reason it stopped working on my computer, as it still works fine from my work PC.

Anyone have any other suggestions?
    01-15-15 06:51 PM
102 123 ...