Have any of you considered that they just want to avoid a repeat of the bbmx fiasco?

Supposedly the service was brought down because people were using an unintended leaked version.

Most people (including me) think that was a cop out....

But maybe it was true, and maybe they learned their lesson.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 12:34 PM
    While I agree it might not be fair for people running the leaked OS to feel entitled to a working Blend, it is ridiculous 10.3 isn't pushed to everyone today.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    09-24-14 12:36 PM
    Attachment 300083

Posted via CB10
    But how?! Argh. You sitting on a Passport?
    09-24-14 12:40 PM
    I understand that 10.3 for older devices is not official, however for Blend not to work they have put effort into blocking devices that have a leaked 10.3. Most people who loaded 10.3 are loyal Blackberry customers and to have blend intentionally blocked is annoying.

I am hoping that access will open up in a few days as a result of threads like this.
    scaffme likes this.
    09-24-14 12:42 PM
    It's not really an epic failure. Unless you are one of the very few Canadians to actually have the new Passport, no one else should have access to this software until the official 10.3 os is made available.

I agree that it's annoying, but I'm sure it's equally annoying that people like us are using leaked os versions.
    But launching event must have added valuer to users and fans (like Me). I can't believe there's no official 10.3 and BB Blend to all BB10 running devices!

BlackBerry Z30 - OS 10.3.0.1154
    09-24-14 12:49 PM
    But launching event must have added valuer to users and fans (like Me). I can't believe there's no official 10.3 and BB Blend to all BB10 running devices!

Why? They literally told us like a month ago... why can't you believe something that was specifically stated?

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 12:55 PM
    Why? They literally told us like a month ago... why can't you believe something that was specifically stated?
    Cause is added value to customers! BlackBerry needs to recover market participation. And details like this ones can help! CRM!

09-24-14 01:11 PM
    loaded it on my laptop but i need OS 10.3
    09-24-14 02:10 PM
    loaded it on my laptop but i need OS 10.3
    Actually you need the official released OS 10.3, which will likely not be until 10.3.1, unless you buy a Passport. Leaked 10.3 does not work.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    09-24-14 02:40 PM
    Strange that they still refer to RIM.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 04:02 PM
    While I agree it might not be fair for people running the leaked OS to feel entitled to a working Blend, it is ridiculous 10.3 isn't pushed to everyone today.
    Why? It probably isn't ready. What would be ridiculous is to push an OS update to devices that haven't been certified yet. Same thing happened with the Z30 launch. It was the first device to have 10.2 (if I remember correctly). Other devices got it a month or two later.

I am really looking forward to Blend too...just have to wait a couple of months I guess.
    09-24-14 04:12 PM
    Why? It probably isn't ready. What would be ridiculous is to push an OS update to devices that haven't been certified yet. Same thing happened with the Z30 launch. It was the first device to have 10.2 (if I remember correctly). Other devices got it a month or two later.

I am really looking forward to Blend too...just have to wait a couple of months I guess.
    Because why shouldn't all of their devices be running the same OS? Should have made sure it was ready to run on all devices at time of launch event. Just my opinion.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    09-24-14 04:15 PM
    I suppose it would have been nice if some of these items were actually addressed during the conference. Chen could have given a date when blackberry users would get 10.3 and have the ability to use blend but this wasn't covered. Didn't suggest that blend wouldn't work with existing devices and I didn't realize that 10.3 was exclusive to the passport until reading the forums. I also found out in the forums that 10.3.1 is being released in Nov.

I think blackberry does a poor job of communicating to their users, which is slightly ironic for a company that makes communication devices and software. Today was an opportunity to make the event about more than just the passport but instead there will be no event for blend or 10.3 and users will get it when they get it, perhaps without any warning or notification.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 04:25 PM
    And here in America, doesn't the carrier have a say on when they will release it as well? Being on Sprint, I might not see it until 2015, if at all...

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    09-24-14 04:27 PM
    I prefer 100 threads of people asking for Blend then 100 threads complaining because they rushed it...
    Graheem and damien kupuku like this.
    09-24-14 04:28 PM
    Look at Apple..... bending phones, updates and stuff not working, pulling rushed updates that break most functions....

Apple is trending and all the rave. Any little thing done wrong by BlackBerry is slaughtered by the media....

The event has been amazing. App gap? Amazon apps and dedicated business apps.

Here are three awesome apps for our customers!

You are juggling between several devices and wand to balance your work and private life?

If you need to get something done:
    Any device you have will be good enough with blend.

Blend is the understated giant.

Having seen the passport in action, I could not care less about the design.

Utilising Blend is just the holy grail in the Internet of things.

All your information on all devices. Safe, secure and easily accessible.
    No stress with syncing and not having the latest version on the tablet or the cloud drive that you have at hand.

BlackBerry does not need to power a whole screen with the phone. It is just the central hub of your whole life. Work and private.

No ecosystem boundary, no choice, no picking.

This event was made to sell the passport and show others what the dead horse can do, when you still beat it over and over... it sneaks up on the massive apple hype, just when all the negative press is coming along after the launch and shows in a very understated way how to solve the problems in a proper manner.

Get the passport, you get blend.

You want it NOW? Buy it through Amazon or shop blackberry....

You can wait? By the end if the year, your carrier will have it.

Here's the Classic.... No worries.... It's coming as well.... just for those that are not sold on the passport....

To all the guys moaning about getting 10.3:

It is still not optimised for the other devices.

I have it as my daily driver on my Z30 but I am annoyed that I cannot rely on my phone 100%.

It is not good enough to be released. Full Stop.

If we could use blend right now with the leaked version and the phone freezes.... you left it at home and wanted to show off.... How bad would that hurt BlackBerry?

We just need to wait a couple more months and enjoy all the features then. They will be working great and there won't be bad press.

If you truly cannot wait. Give some money to Chen.

I must admit: I got so disappointed that I ordered a passport.

I know that I won't regret it.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 04:52 PM
    Strange that they still refer to RIM.

Posted via CB10
    They are still RIM.
    09-24-14 05:06 PM
    They are still RIM.
    No. The company is BlackBerry Limited, the stock is BBRY.

http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/201...lackberry.html

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 06:04 PM
    It is available on both stores

Downloaded the iPad one but connections on older devices not yet active.
    09-24-14 08:44 PM
    I am having an issue installing the Blackberry blend desktop software on my iMac, I downloaded the software from the Blackberry site and when I try to install it, I get a developer validation error and it will not install. I running the latest Mavericks, Any ideas?
    09-25-14 06:53 AM
    I prefer 100 threads of people asking for Blend then 100 threads complaining because they rushed it...
    why would you not want a release like the one Apple just did? (sarcastic)
    I agree with you. People are so quick to complain about things, without knowing the whole story..
    09-25-14 06:56 AM
    Because why shouldn't all of their devices be running the same OS? Should have made sure it was ready to run on all devices at time of launch event. Just my opinion.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    Because the Hardware is all different. They are all capable of different things.
    Not every android phone gets every new OS version, Not all apple products can handle IOS 7 and 8....
    10.3 needs to be adjusted to work on older devices (10.3.1). That takes time. The current leak, while fine for everyday use if you know it's a LEAK, is not as good as a fully polished os. The radio is inconsistent, the wifi is inconsistent, and the browser is unstable...you want that pushed out today?
    Are you suggesting that the company hold off on releasing new devices????
    You know this is how BB does updates, yet you still complain.....
    For MONTHS is has been said 10.3 on passport, 10.3.1 like a month later.
    Despite what you may think you are NOT ENTITLED to an update, just be glad you get any at all.
    wolfee48 and Banco like this.
    09-25-14 09:32 AM
    BlackBerry is not a charity. If you want Blend now buy a Passport. It is after all the whole damn point of them releasing new phones. If you don't want to buy a Passport, then wait a month or two.

It's not hard.

Posted via CB10
    stabstabdie likes this.
    09-25-14 10:28 AM
    Because the Hardware is all different. They are all capable of different things.
    Not every android phone gets every new OS version, Not all apple products can handle IOS 7 and 8....
    10.3 needs to be adjusted to work on older devices (10.3.1). That takes time. The current leak, while fine for everyday use if you know it's a LEAK, is not as good as a fully polished os. The radio is inconsistent, the wifi is inconsistent, and the browser is unstable...you want that pushed out today?
    Are you suggesting that the company hold off on releasing new devices????
    You know this is how BB does updates, yet you still complain.....
    For MONTHS is has been said 10.3 on passport, 10.3.1 like a month later.
    Despite what you may think you are NOT ENTITLED to an update, just be glad you get any at all.
    No need to yell

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    09-25-14 10:29 AM
    No need to yell

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    Not yelling, just annoyed with all the wah wah posts.
    It's nothing personal. Unless you're offended. Then it's 100% personal (joking!)
    09-25-14 10:45 AM
82 1234