I used Blend on my IPAD with my Z10 without any problems. I upgraded to a Passport. Now when I start Blend on the IPad it looks for the Z10 again. There is no way to delete the pairing with the Z10. How can I get it to use the new Passport? I had the same problem when connecting to Blend on the PC. There I had to use a USB connection to force it to recognize the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 06:51 PM
    Try deleting the app from your ipad and then a hard reset on the ipad by holding the power button in together with the round finger button untill you see the apple logo, then reinstall and give it a try.
    03-22-15 07:05 PM
    No luck. Tried 3 times. First time it just did the same thing. After second and third time Blend just loads but does not complete the install. The icon is there but it just says Loading.....

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by gemoelle; 03-23-15 at 08:15 AM.
    03-23-15 07:52 AM
    First check to see if your Z10 is being connected automatically. There must be a way to disable automatic connections. Check the Blend App on your Z10 and see if you can unpair it from there. Instead of starting Blend on your iPad first, start Blend on your Passport then follow the instructions from there. Send some pics.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 08:24 AM
    I use blend on PC, so this might be different on an iPad, but give this a try:

Once Blend logs in to the z10, in the top right corner select the gear icon, select "disconnect", then in the bottom left corner select "switch device", now as long as you have signed in to the new phone with your BlackBerry ID, you should see 2 phones here, select the new one, and then verify the device on the iPad and on the Passport, and that should be it!

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 08:48 AM
    Thanks for all your Help. So far I have con.firmed that the Z10 is disconnected from Blend and the Passport is ready to accept a pairing request. Still the IPad shows only the Z10. Here are the statuses from all three devices.
    First the Z10, then the Passport and finally the IPad. The Z10 does not show the IPad on the device connected list and I turned off the ground accept connections toggle. On the Passport the accept connections is on.

Blend on IPAD doesn't recognize New BlackBerry. Alway goes back to the old BB.-img_20150323_111020.png
    Blend on IPAD doesn't recognize New BlackBerry. Alway goes back to the old BB.-img_20150323_111007.png
    Blend on IPAD doesn't recognize New BlackBerry. Alway goes back to the old BB.-img_0044.png

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 10:23 AM
    The IPad is similar to the PC so I went to settings and disconnected but no luck. Only the Z10 showed up.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 10:31 AM
    Did you tap on Switch BlackBerry ID?

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 10:34 AM
    Did you tap on Switch BlackBerry ID?

Posted via CB10
    Yep. Reentered my BBID with the same, result. This may be an issue with Blend on the IPAD. I will try BlackBerry soon.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 10:48 AM
    That seems so weird. I have a feeling it's something really small that's being missed.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-15 12:28 PM
    Thanks for your help. It probably is something small but I'm going to check with BlackBerry and I'll post the result.

Posted via CB10
    CyberMan2013 likes this.
    03-24-15 02:46 PM
    Does the phone show up in BlackBerry Link?

Posted via CB10
    03-24-15 05:49 PM
    Have you tried removing Blend from your PC completely, rebooting, then reinstalling? Can't be the Passport, and if you've removed it from the iPad then my guess is that your desktop / laptop is the culprit.

EDIT: If it were me, I'd also unplug my modem / router in order to reset everything that touches Blend. And, as a test, I'd go to another network setup with Blend and see if the Passport pairs without issue. Then you know what device to troubleshoot.
    03-24-15 05:57 PM
    Does the phone show up in BlackBerry Link?

Posted via CB10
    Yes it does. No issue there.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-15 06:26 PM
    Have you tried removing Blend from your PC completely, rebooting, then reinstalling? Can't be the Passport, and if you've removed it from the iPad then my guess is that your desktop / laptop is the culprit.

EDIT: If it were me, I'd also unplug my modem / router in order to reset everything that touches Blend. And, as a test, I'd go to another network setup with Blend and see if the Passport pairs without issue. Then you know what device to troubleshoot.
    I'm not sure I understand the purpose of doing this on the PC. First let me be clear that Blend worked perfectly on all devices with my Z10. It also works perfectly on my PC with the Passport. The only place it doesn't work is on the IPad. There it refuses to see the Passport.

I will try anything though and I will try it.

Edit: Tried Deleting from the PC. It came back properly after the reinstall and showed the Passport and instantly connects to it. Tried rebooting the network. Deleted Blend off the IPad and reinstalled it. On startup it looked for the Z10 again. No way to tell it to switch devices like on the PC.
    Last edited by gemoelle; 03-24-15 at 07:05 PM.
    03-24-15 06:35 PM
    Blend works through the network so my thought is that by resetting all network connections it might work. Maybe there's something on the desktop end that is cached that is interfering.
    03-24-15 06:58 PM
    Blend works through the network so my thought is that by resetting all network connections it might work. Maybe there's something on the desktop end that is cached that is interfering.
    See my edit above. Interestingly the PC version originally saw both but it had a way of telling the Blend network to forget the Z10. I used that and on the PC it no longer sees the Z10. Didn't help with the IPAD though.

Good thinking though. It makes sense. When I saw the "Forget Device" function I actually said eureka! I thought I had the answer but no luck.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-15 07:11 PM
    Very weird, I just got a new z30, opened the box, followed set up and logged in with bbid, opened blend on PC and there was the new phone ready to select.

Do you have remote access set up? When you open the file manager app, do the folders that you allowed show up?

Posted via CB10
    03-24-15 10:47 PM
    Do you have the latest version of BlackBerry Blend on all of your devices?

Posted via CB10
    03-24-15 10:51 PM
    See my edit above. Interestingly the PC version originally saw both but it had a way of telling the Blend network to forget the Z10. I used that and on the PC it no longer sees the Z10. Didn't help with the IPAD though.

Good thinking though. It makes sense. When I saw the "Forget Device" function I actually said eureka! I thought I had the answer but no luck.

Posted via CB10
    Nuts, sorry to hear. Well, you just got the Passport so you should have 30 days of free tech support from BlackBerry, no? Getting it to connect on Blend on the iPad I would think be part of their support obligation.
    03-25-15 07:38 AM
    Very weird, I just got a new z30, opened the box, followed set up and logged in with bbid, opened blend on PC and there was the new phone ready to select.

Do you have remote access set up? When you open the file manager app, do the folders that you allowed show up?

Posted via CB10
    Weird indeed. I have no problem on the PC either. It only happens on the IPad.

Yes and yes.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 07:57 AM
    Do you have the latest version of BlackBerry Blend on all of your devices?

Posted via CB10
    Yes. I even reloaded everything. I think I must have reloaded it on the IPad about 20 times.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 07:59 AM
    Nuts, sorry to hear. Well, you just got the Passport so you should have 30 days of free tech support from BlackBerry, no? Getting it to connect on Blend on the iPad I would think be part of their support obligation.
    Yes I do have the 30 days so that's my next step. Thanks for all your help.

Posted via CB10
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    03-25-15 08:01 AM
    So far BlackBerry is stumped as I am. It's been escalated to Engineering.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 10:02 PM
    So just to clarify, it works fine on everything except the iPad? Have you tried with any other tablets?

Posted via CB10
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    03-27-15 11:37 AM
31 12